Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Website

Ken,

Thank YOU..... Urban Legend..... Those DARN Salesman.... working off comission...... Good to know.... I won't spread that Urban Legend....

Wrong Again..... Who is keeping Score.... Am I at 50 yet?

Thanks,

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by karossii View Post
    As a professional website designer (that's the business I am hoping to get out of with my carvewright, lol)... I can assure you this is an urban legend. It has absolutely zero impact on search engine rankings.

As to my impressions of your site, Chris... It looks great for a self made site. I have seen worse looking supposedly 'professionally designed' websites.

All in all, it is a great website for a starting business.

...However, it does bear a few hallmarks of a self-made website, and if/when your business starts picking up, you may want to look into having a pro redo it for you. (Not looking to do that myself, as I mentioned, am trying to retire from that line of work.)

As I often tell people, though the metaphor is less recognizable/applicable nowadays;

"Your website is like a billboard on the information superhighway... and just like a real highway people are cruising past at high speeds. You need to grab their attention quickly, and keep it - yet still maintain a professional appearance... if you want to get their business."

Good luck!
    Ken,

Thanks for the information. I understand and have many discussion with so called "beta" testers of the site and we have come to the realization that a slideshow on the front page looks bad. So what I plan to do is carve my logo in a sign and use that sign as the topper to the first page. Thus, showing my brand and my work at the same time. This hopefully "sucks" them in to check out more of my work and even better hire me to do something. Do you have any recomendations for adsense? I have a credit through 1and1 , my server, and would like to use them the correct way.

Thanks for everything,
    Chris
    CHECK OUT MY SITE/BLOG!
    WWW.MANCAVECARVINGS.COM

In my opinion I wouldn't worry about using your adsense credits until you have all your content in place.

My site is still under construction, or should I say STILL. But from other sites I own one thing I really like to use is statcounter. I can see who visits how they got there, search terms they used and other useful info.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12