Thread: My Family Tree project...sigh

Default My Family Tree project...sigh

So excited getting this one ready to pop into the machine and I have only one part left to finish. I need to put a name on the apple and two on the bottom under the tree, I have included two files, one with the tree/leaves and apple on it and one with the text I want to carve into the apple.

For the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to get it to carve the name across that apple. If anyone can take a look at the files and help me figure out what I'm doing wrong, I'd be ever so grateful.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Oh, hek, now looky what YOU made me do!

Default carve in Apple

Set Font to center line Try this patern
    Attached Files Attached Files

3. Default Family tree

Juno2

Try this. You had the name inverted. I reinverted the name, put it on the apple and "merged" it with the additive option. You should be able to manipulate it however you like now.
    Last edited by thelittleboxshop; 03-31-2007 at 07:06 PM.

Default family tree

how did you convert the text "Karli" to a pattern that seems uneditable as text?

5. Default

The text was "copied" from the first file and pasted into the second. When this occured, the software looked at the name "Karli" as a graphic object and not text. I did not have the same font as was used in the original and assumed that Juno2 wanted the original font used for his project.

I see!!! Must have been created in a graphics program and saved as a pattern for the CW. I need to learn the "merging" and carving onto created surfaces such as the apple here.