Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need bits

Default I need bits

Ok, so I have pretty much worn out my five carving bits, the V60 and V90. I rarely use a 1/8 cutting bit and I have four of those (I prefer to use other shop tools for these tasks). I know Ron has the 1/16 carving on his site, but I dont see a V60 or V90. Anybody got some other sources that they have used and are happy with. I am using the rock on both of the CWs in the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPratt View Post
    Ok, so I have pretty much worn out my five carving bits, the V60 and V90. I rarely use a 1/8 cutting bit and I have four of those (I prefer to use other shop tools for these tasks). I know Ron has the 1/16 carving on his site, but I dont see a V60 or V90. Anybody got some other sources that they have used and are happy with. I am using the rock on both of the CWs in the shop.
    You might want to look at these if you are going thru bits fast. I havn't used them myself.. but I really like the idea of just replacing the cutting surface.

http://www.amanatool.com/cncroutingdetails/rc-1028.html

Doug Fletcher

Default Eagle

I like Eagle.
    http://www.eagleamerica.com/
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

When choosing new bits, is there any criteria? Will any 1/4" 60 degree bit do? Will they just fit in the carrier easily? etc
    http://www.thewoodhaven.co.uk
    Home Of Woodworking in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by wizer View Post
    When choosing new bits, is there any criteria? Will any 1/4" 60 degree bit do? Will they just fit in the carrier easily? etc
    That was one of the questions I had also and should have asked. I want something that is going to be a good match for the machine. All my other router bits are from Eagle America, Elite, and a few others. Eagle America has proven excellent for my other needs, but I was not sure for the CW. Most of the wood I carve is Oak, Walnut, Cherry and some woods that are even harder, so I go through the bits fairly fast. If anyone knows of an Eagle America or other bit manufacturer and can provide a part #, it would be greatly appreciated. As stated I am using the rock 1/2" with 1/4" reducer collet/sleeve.

John

6. Default

I have the same issue, but with my 1/8 bit.
    CW charges 39.99 then the cheapest shipping is 12 dollars for 7 day delivery.
    I asked if they just sold the bits.. they do, exact same pice with or without adaptor!
    So my question is, where can I find the Four flute ¼ inch shaft solid carbide 1/8 inch cutting bit?

Thank You in advance for your replies

Do a search, these bits are called end mills. There are many manufactures and distributors out there. Keep in mind that solid carbide end mills don't come cheap.......(usacarbide.com)

CJ

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CarverJerry View Post
    Do a search, these bits are called end mills. There are many manufactures and distributors out there. Keep in mind that solid carbide end mills don't come cheap.......(usacarbide.com)

CJ

CJ, do you know the overall lenght of the stock 1/8 cutting bit and the Flute length. I shattered mine and now I can not measure it to get one close to stock.
    Thanks

I measured the Cutting Bit.

Length 2.54 inches

1/4 inch shank 1.53 inches

Fluted cutting area 1.1 inches

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    I measured the Cutting Bit.

Length 2.54 inches

1/4 inch shank 1.53 inches

Fluted cutting area 1.1 inches

AL

AL THANK YOU.. and sorry about the thread highjack!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast