Thread: Another 1st with Corian

Smile Another 1st with Corian

Well, here is my first carving into Corian. Got a box of corian from Burchfield today. As soon as I got it went down and carved a sled for it. Then followed Little Red Wagon's instructions and away we go. Ole man like a little kid again. Dang this machine. Carved three things today. Anyway, I think maybe I should have inverted the photo. Might try that tomorrow and see how it comes out. Of course the first one has to be of Mom!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mom's Corian.jpg  

Ok...looks great! One thing..you may want to "invert" or reverse your image before you carve. That way she'll come out looking like this when backlit...
    Attachment 37438

Thumbs up

Well I inverted the photo and came out much better. Just another learning curve. Just keep on having more fun with this dang machine. Just need to figure out why the spots around her glasses and fix it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mom.jpg  

It may be lights reflecting off of her glasses. Use the pattern editor software to fix it.

That is light reflecting off her glasses when the pic was taken - the machine will carve something like that making it look like big dots/blobs/etc. (Can't get the resolution tight enough to make it look like it should) If you look again, there's the same phenom at the edges of her hair.

Take the pattern back into Pattern Editor, and look at those areas - you'll see "blobs" - you can zoom in really tight and eliminate/erase/paint those areas.

I had the same problem with a really old photo I imported - the original pic had what looked like lint on it - just a 60 year old pic - I got rid of that stuff in PE.

You also want to look real close to the entire pattern you've created in PE to make sure that stuff's gone - remember that the machine will carve exactly what you tell it to - WYSIWYG.

Other than those areas, the litho looks great.
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright