Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will not scan

Default Will not scan

I'm trying to scan, went though the steps to set it up; but when I press 1 to proceed with scan, it goes to the start point and stop. Anyone know what the issue is?
    Andrea

If you go to Options and Sensor Data, can you see the probe data change states when you touch the probe?

And you have your machine setup for getting the probe data from the cover, correct?

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Yes, I do have it set for Cover. I will have to check the sensor data and let you know. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    If you go to Options and Sensor Data, can you see the probe data change states when you touch the probe?

And you have your machine setup for getting the probe data from the cover, correct?

AL
    Andrea

Just checked, I selected options, but did not see a sensor data.

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post

AL
    Andrea

Default troubleshooting probe

Have you used the probe at all or is it something that just happened. I Had a problem after they repaired mine and replaced the truck. Mine had been used but plugged into the truck. When I set the location to Cover, no go. As Al posted, there is a menu option that allows you to check all your sensors status such as pressure switches & the probe. I'm not sure of the naming or number of the choices. I've attached a PDF I made when I worked on mine, turned out to be the controller board. Early model and the probe used on the cover had probably never been tested.
    Good luck,
    Rick H.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Rick, I purchased my probe when I purchased the machine, a few years back. Never used the probe, this is actually the first time I needed to scan something. If I remember correctly, I never had the connection on the Z truck, but I did have to upgrade the Z truck to the newer version. I will have to do some reading to see if I can find the sensor test option for the probe, cause I really can't find it. I have found the sensor test option, but non for the probe, so I'm not sure what is going on, it just maybe that I missed something, will have to recheck. Thanks for the data sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by want2b View Post
    Have you used the probe at all or is it something that just happened. I Had a problem after they repaired mine and replaced the truck. Mine had been used but plugged into the truck. When I set the location to Cover, no go. As Al posted, there is a menu option that allows you to check all your sensors status such as pressure switches & the probe. I'm not sure of the naming or number of the choices. I've attached a PDF I made when I worked on mine, turned out to be the controller board. Early model and the probe used on the cover had probably never been tested.
    Good luck,
    Rick H.
    Andrea

I just went through the probe manual again, and everything works just fine, except the "proceed with scan" when I hit enter, it starts and then stops at the starting point and the LCD goes back to the scan menu. I still have not been able to find a probe sensor option.
    Andrea

Default probably so but

you are picking diagonal corners when ask for the area to scan?
    my patterns are at www.upillar.com do a search for "ptn"

email for patterns: patternmaster@live.com

Default review

Let's review the master video on the Scanning Probe.
    AskBud
    http://www.carvebuddy.com/scanningvi..._it_works.html
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Yes, I believe so

Quote Originally Posted by TIMCOSBY View Post
    you are picking diagonal corners when ask for the area to scan?
    Andrea

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast