Thread: LHR, Is a Demo version of DXF importer an option?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default LHR, Is a Demo version of DXF importer an option?

I ask this because I spent $200 on Font editing software at the end of 2009 because I was under the impression CW software would not be supporting the direct import of vector files. Now that this has actually come to be true with the DXF importer, I've read some of the manual but I'm not convinced it will do much better job at importing vector line art into Designer when compared to using Centerline and font images.

I'm specifically wondering about the ability, or lack of it, for DXF importer to "import some native DXF shapes" and how this will affect the images I am currently importing using the Centerline plug-in.

I've also seen the carve time of projects rise substantially when splitting an image across two boards. I'm wondering if this issue would go away if using the DXF importer. I think it may because when working with vector images that I have created with Designers drawing tools, and then splitting this across two boards, there have been no issues. If you need to see what I'm talking about search " curious machine behavior ". There is a full thread which documents these issues of the machine moving around "off the board".

A 30 day trial which allows me to fully utilize the DXF importer would be nice. It would certainly help justify spending another $200 on a proprietary package that I hope would do the job right. It's an expensive upgrade, for me at least. I don't mind making the purchase if it makes my life easier when importing vector line art into designer, but if it doesn't I certainly don't want to have to spend $200 to learn it won't.

So what do you think, LHR?

I support this motion fully. How can you expect someone to invest in a $200, only to find it's not suitable? The software is non transferable, so you're stuck with it. I find it really quite unfair of LHR to offer these expensive upgrades without demos. There are plenty of limitations that could be implemented to protect the license. In a sense I'm glad the DXF importer has been launched, as I nearly bought the STL importer to try to do what I wanted. It's only since the DXF importer came out that I have realised buting the STL importer would have been a big fat waste of cash.

Please respond
    http://www.thewoodhaven.co.uk
    Home Of Woodworking in the UK

Default psst, LHR

*bump*

I don't want to be a pest but I have one particular project coming up very soon that would be difficult to work with as a dingbat imported using Centerline text. The new DXF importer might work for me but I'm concerned with buying the license only to find out it won't suit my needs.

IF there is a chance LHR would allow a demo version of the software so I ( and others that have expressed interest but concern over the license requirement/price ) can experiment to see if it would serve my needs, it would be real nice to know.

thx
    John

Me Too!

Default Demo

I too would like to see a demo version. To me 200.00 is a lot of money. I bought the CW sight unseen and was a little shocked by the some of the things about it.

6. Default

If a Demo is not in the future, why not make the program available at the Demo locations. My wife has a very expensive computerized sewing machine, and when an upgrade program is issued we can see it and use it at the dealer. My two bits.
    "Blessed are the cracked, for they shall let in the light."
    ~Groucho Marx~