Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ordering CarveTight

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Woodman View Post
    There might be a misunderstanding here. The sentence reads The Carvetight is all brand new parts, it does not say the z- truck is new. Your sending in your current z- truck to have a "new" carvetight chuck added to replace the old QC .
    later Daniel
    Mine came with a new z-truck the casting is thicker and does not need the extra washer, the rock chuck will not work with the new unit.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Quote Originally Posted by bjbethke View Post
    Mine came with a new z-truck the casting is thicker and does not need the extra washer, the rock chuck will not work with the new unit.
    Can you elaborate on the Rock Chuck will not work with the new unit. I am a little lost with your comment.
    Mark
    www.pineacreswoodshop.com
    Home of Thorpe Custom Acoustic Guitars and Baddass Electrics

Quote Originally Posted by pine acres woodshop View Post
    Can you elaborate on the Rock Chuck will not work with the new unit. I am a little lost with your comment.
    The new CT chuck from LHR is a one piece spindle and chuck, and requires that the whole "Z" truck be replaced. The Rock Chuck that i produce allows you to remove just the QC Chuck, and replace it with the Rock Chuck system.

Hope this helps...

Ron
    To order the "Made in USA" Rock Chuck, and other custom tools and accessories I make for your CarveWright, see my website by clicking here -> http://www.cw-parts.com
    See a quick video of the new Rock Chuck in action here!
    Read up on QC Removal for stubborn chucks here
    See the Rock install video here
    You can also visit here for discussion content.
    Email me by clicking here

Thanks Ron, I didn't understand the comment. So if Their new chuck goes out you have to replace the whole z-truck?
    Mark

Thanks Ron, I didn't understand the comment. So if Their new chuck goes out you have to replace the whole z-truck?
    I dont see any other way...
    To order the "Made in USA" Rock Chuck, and other custom tools and accessories I make for your CarveWright, see my website by clicking here -> http://www.cw-parts.com

I have the Rock chuck, and it is the best money I ever spent on this machine. If my z-truck was to go out, I wonder if I would be able to get a replacement z-truck that would work with the Rock Chuck?
    Mark

I have the Rock chuck, and it is the best money I ever spent on this machine. If my z-truck was to go out, I wonder if I would be able to get a replacement z-truck that would work with the Rock Chuck?
    In another post, LHR said they wer still supporting the qc. So as long as that is true, we rock users should be ok.

Doug Fletcher

My understanding is that LHR is going to continue supporting the QC, so if they do they will have to continue the use of the current spindle. If for some reason they would stop supporting it, I would take care of that.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by dbfletcher View Post
    In another post, LHR said they wer still supporting the qc. So as long as that is true, we rock users should be ok.

Doug Fletcher
    I hope so because it would be a shame if they screwed all of the Rock users by making the z-truck assembly proprietary.
    Mark

Just North of the South Side, Western Edge of the Eastern Slope, Denver.

My understanding is that you send them your old z truck after they give you the new one with the spindle for the core charge. Also that the new z truck and spindle are all new materials.

So I figure they are going to be swimming in old z trucks. Not very conservation or economically friendly, but I have seen stranger things.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12