Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CW Stand\Cart with Downdraft?

Default CW Stand\Cart with Downdraft?

Hi Guys

I currently have my CW on my work bench and that's not good. So I need to build a dedicated cabinet for it to go on that will have castor wheels to move it around the shop. I have already learned that the AskBud, et al style dust mod is better than a down draft, but is there any harm in having both? I'm thinking of building it under the cabinet seeing as I'm starting from scratch. If it is a good idea, is there an accepted method to make them?

Has there been a thread with people's CW Cabinets\Stands? I'd be interested to see how others have done it.

T I A
    http://www.thewoodhaven.co.uk
    Home Of Woodworking in the UK

Default Downdraft

Quote Originally Posted by wizer View Post
    Hi Guys

I currently have my CW on my work bench and that's not good. So I need to build a dedicated cabinet for it to go on that will have castor wheels to move it around the shop. I have already learned that the AskBud, et al style dust mod is better than a down draft, but is there any harm in having both? I'm thinking of building it under the cabinet seeing as I'm starting from scratch. If it is a good idea, is there an accepted method to make them?

Has there been a thread with people's CW Cabinets\Stands? I'd be interested to see how others have done it.

T I A
    Your slot should be the same size, or smaller than the draft opening in the bottom of the machine. It should be sealed, to the machine (soft window foam will do) so that no air escapes the seal.

I have reversed my DD flow and pipe my exhaust port into the former DD slot. I do this to create positive air flow into the cutting area, which assists the Vacuum attachment.
    AskBud
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Exhaust to Hose (Medium).JPG   Exhaust Hose to old DD (Medium).JPG  
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Quote Originally Posted by wizer View Post
    Hi Guys

T I A
    I installed my DC unit in my CW stand. I carved an attachment to fit the downdraft slot to attach the DC to my CW unit. I use a 4 inch hose to blow the dust through my shop wall. And use a 2.5 inch shop vacuum hose connected to the motor port. This removes most of the dust. I never stop the machine to clean when carving. I have a left side port, not sure if I really need it I don’t carve many projects over 10 inches wide and do not use wide sleds to carve my stuff. The DC unit is a 1 HP, 950 CFM, 4 inch hose connector. Works great. Cabinet has rollers to move around. I removed the cover, cracks formed in the cover part that holds the clear part of the cover.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1030845.jpg   image 21.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Default stand

I used an 18 drawer kitchen base cabinet with a 24X28 top. cut a slot in center of top to fit slot in bottom of carvewright and mounted a shoot for down draft under top above the top drawer in cabinet.
    I use a top vac system with 4 " hose coming off the bottom right side of port. The two systems work together well and I have good storage with drawers for supplys and parts.

mounted caster under so it stores back to wall when not in use
    OLD SALT

Member CarveWright Start U team

Default 15 dollar 2.5 in ,,4.0 in t shape reducer

BJ,

Where did you buy that plastic fitting you used to marry the 2 1/2" to the 4"? It seems like it should be the other way around with the 4" being straight and the 2 1/2" going off to the side. I too have cut a hole on the right side but don't have anything going to the so-called muffler.

Chief

Default You missed the link

Chief,

Denny had the link in his post just above yours. I think I need to get one also, thanks Denny.
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

TIA,

This is my answer to dust collection. Works great.

I take 3/4 suction from the top and 1/4 from the bottom slot.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC03411_WEB.jpg   Copy of DSC03404_WEB.jpg   DSC03399_WEB.jpg   DSC03551_WEB.jpg  

DSC03465_WEB.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Thanks Guys. I think I'm going to build a DD into a tolling cabinet for the CW. Now I need to get my head around how to build it. Has anyone got a pic or diagram of the underside of the unit? I know I can just go and have a look, but I have a spinal condition, so lifting it on my own is out of the question. I downloaded bjbethke'a DownDraft zip but can't make head nor tail of what the parts are or where they go. I take it the white pipe pointing up is the inlet for the underside of the CW. But I can't figure out what the red thing is behind it?

Any further help appreciated
    http://www.thewoodhaven.co.uk
    Home Of Woodworking in the UK

Here is what I did on a Sears Craftsman Project Cart. I built a box out of scrap particle board with a slot in it that matched the slot in the botom of the CarveWright. A duct out of the back connects to my dust collector. A little room was left over on the side so I made some cubbies for lubs, bits, etc. I used foil flexible duct and connect jumper wires from the CW and dust collector to get rid of any static electricity that may build up. I think I posted this two years ago. It has worked fine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW_DD_01.jpg  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast