Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Baby, Gift design ideas?

Default New Baby, Gift design ideas?

My brother and his wife just had a new baby and I wanted to make something nice for them.

I was thinking of a plaque with all the tech specs, name, weight, birthday...... and a nice girly baby design.

I looked in the pattern depot and searched here on the forums,but nothing jumped out at me.

Everything I design involves moose, deer, ducks,bear and pine trees. Designing something special for the new little pooper has me baffled. I'm out of my element here. I would really like to see or hear any suggestions you guys might have to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by spalted View Post
    My brother and his wife just had a new baby and I wanted to make something nice for them.

I was thinking of a plaque with all the tech specs, name, weight, birthday...... and a nice girly baby design.

I looked in the pattern depot and searched here on the forums,but nothing jumped out at me.

Everything I design involves moose, deer, ducks,bear and pine trees. Designing something special for the new little pooper has me baffled. I'm out of my element here. I would really like to see or hear any suggestions you guys might have to offer.
    Pattern of baby feet are always fitting. You could also trick it out if you wanted and do what I did on a project if you cant get a good carve out of a picture. Make a square carve region .100 deep and fit a photo in it. I have found .100 depth is just right for a photo and thin piece of plexi over it for protection.

I'm sure others will chime in as well. Congrats on being an Uncle!

Good luck,
    Craig

There are some pretty "cute" patterns in the Pattern Sharing Depot - bears, Winnie the Pooh, etc. A little jewelery/keepsake box, or a picture frame with the baby's specs, etc would go over pretty well.
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

Default New Baby, Gift design ideas

I have a Nursery Frame in the pattern depot you could add your text to it.

Thanks Jim

click on the link below

Thanks guys, I'm thinking I need to spend more time in the depot. I must have over looked some things.

Quote Originally Posted by spalted View Post
    Thanks guys, I'm thinking I need to spend more time in the depot. I must have over looked some things.
    Hello,

We have a "Stork" pattern at the CarveBuddy website (not in the depot) that might be useful. The legs are rather 'skinny' so applying small or medium draft might be a good idea to help guard against any chipout. (We made a note of that in the pattern description.)

Here's the link to the pattern:
    http://www.carvebuddy.com/birds_page_2.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BIG_Stork_and_Baby5x6JH_1.jpg  
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

How about a litho with baby picture and in the frame all the vital statistics?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Thanks MT, the stork would be closer to my typical animal motifs......lol I'll check it out.

I like the litho idea, but she was just born 2 days ago and I don't have any photos yet. But I see that being an up coming project from uncle.

Default baby plaque

Salted,
    I have baby plaque that
    I designed for my family. it has the baby's name , date of birth and the weight.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Baby

We have used this for a lot of baby-mothers add the info on back or make a sign and put it on front. Here is the link http://store.carvewright.com/pattern...endor=eromran1 its about half way down the page.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Angle.JPG  

Ver 1.179
    HP-Nvidia HD Video Card
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    Scanning with Carvewight Probe and Next Engine 3d Laser Scanner HD
    If you have any scanning needs let us know.Check Out Our Patterns in the depot under eromran

If you allow it to happen, you can let today erase all of yesterday or if you choose,you can let yesterday erase the rest of your life.
    Ed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast