Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Need to order Carvetight or Rock - a few questions

Default Rock Chuck Warranty

Jerry,
    Thank you for your inquiry about the warranty of the Rock Chuck.

My intentions of this warranty was to make sure that when someone received my chuck, it would be of noticeable quality, and that they receive it in proper working order, produced to the intention of my design. It is also my hopes that they would see noticeable improvements to their machine vibration, sounds levels, flex shaft temps, and surface finish of thier carvings. This was based on confirmed tests on many machines before I was ready to post it publicly. It is also my hopes that this is would be the last chuck that they would ever need for the life of thier machine. (Note that if you somehow received a balanced, properly working QC, you might not notice all of these benefits, but would certainly see some of them).

To be free from defects in material means that if the material of any of the four parts making up the chuck was found to be defective, and fails from normal use of the chuck, I would simply replace it.

To be free from defects in workmanship means that if the Rock Chuck fails from normal use, due to being improperly manufactured, I would simply replace it.

Based on two years of data, I can tell you that i have not had 1 chuck returned because of either of the above. My beta chucks are still in use by several people. It is in my opinion that if there is something wrong with the chuck, you would know it the very first time it is used. Because of the simplicity of the design, there is an incredibly small chance something will go wrong down the road too.

To be fair, I can tell you that I have had 1 return of 2 chucks that were mangled beyond belief by vice grips, channel locks, and a grinder, I assume that it was because they chose not to use the wrenches i sell with the install kit. I am not going to warrant these for obvious reasons, but I am removing them from the "Z" truck for them free of charge.

Maybe i am too trusting, but i think that in this fine group, (that has become somewhat of a family to me), if someone were to try to hold a 3/16" shank tool in the 1/4" bit adapter, and they ruin the bore, they would :
    1) Admit to their mistake, and just buy another bit adapter (replaceable for $79 and about 1 minute of your time)
    2) Know that with me being the machinist that produced the chuck i would likely be able to tell what happened to it, and report back my findings, and we would settle like gentlemen.
    or
    3) If I were to (in the very unlikely event), have something ship out incorrectly machined, I would simply replace it.

I have, and always will, treat people with respect, and treat them right. I have tried hard to live by the golden rule...

I have no intentions of quitting this venture, and will stand behind my products so long as i am in business. I think you will find that this is the case with any warranty you may (or may not) get.

And FOR THE RECORD>>>
    The Steel "Rock" brand sleeves used in the Rock Chuck, will work with the Rock Chuck sytem!!! I am not telling you what will work in the CarveTight Chuck, because i did not design, nor test it!

There is a reason that my design works (and perhaps why others don't), and honestly I do not care to tell you why!

I will repeat one more time though, Steel collets and sleeves have been used in daily production, holding carbide tools, for at least the entire 30 years that I have been in business. Machines in our shop range in horsepower from 2hp up to 30hp spindles. The average downforce "Z axis" capability is over 2000 lbs. We use them every day. I will point out though, that they are designed to work in combination with specific chucks.

Hopefully this helps people understand where I am comming from.

Thanks to those that have supported the "Rock Chuck" system!

Best regards,

Ron
    To order the "Made in USA" Rock Chuck, and other custom tools and accessories I make for your CarveWright, see my website by clicking here -> http://www.cw-parts.com
    See a quick video of the new Rock Chuck in action here!
    Read up on QC Removal for stubborn chucks here
    See the Rock install video here
    You can also visit here for discussion content.
    Email me by clicking here

You know the bottom line we were looking for another source for the QC. Ron worked hard and came up with a solution for us and I bought one and never had an issue. I can not say the same for the QC. Now we have another option from LHR, yet it still requires a sleeve not much unlike the bit adapter.

I bought the Rock because to get away from the adapters, I had several bits come loose from the adapters and thus ruin the QC. Now correct me if I am wrong now there is a claim that bits could come loose from the Rock? Lol I must have a good one I find myself having problems getting the bits out and at times back in! Well I don't find this an issue because anyone like me who uses routers know the same thing happens!

Another reason for the Rock I use the 45, 60, 90 degree bits I get from Eagle America and sometimes from Sears etc. This is not recommended, why? What makes the bits from LHR any different? I can see with the notch for the QC for bit slippage. But with the new chuck will it be the same? I see it will because you need to buy the sleeve to use the chuck and the bit comes with it.

I go through quite a few bits with my sign shop so $40.00 a pop verses $20.00 the Rock works best for me. I do use the 1/16th ballnose and love and have found only one other source.

But as Floyd has stated many of us are out of warranty so it really doesn't make any difference! I am glad LHR has came up with a solution, it is just too bad they couldn't work a deal with Ron.

It boils down to us if you are under warranty and have a QC that isn't covered anyway. Do we replace the QC with another QC or with a Rock or with the LHR chuck? Any of the 3 options is money out of our pocket So the question has been will the new chuck be covered under warranty and how long? If not then any issues will come out of our pockets.

Myself I look at it as how much will it cost me in the long run? The Rock I can use my bits without sleeves and buy them at the best price. Or I stay with the QC or the the new chuck and I am limited with my options.

Lol the CW was never intended to be used as a business tool or " commercial", yet the vasts majority of us do use use it as such! I loved the CW so much I used it over the commercial cnc I own and have sold.

There is so many ways to void the warranty using the Rock or for a business what difference does it make what chuck we use and what is the warranty? After 200 hours or 1 year the machine is ours and we keep it running the best way it works for us! LHR has been great by coming up with updates and new software like the STL and DFX and yes the centerline and the pattern editor. Many have complained about the cost I say this with love.....WAKE UP!

Other cnc machines requires several different programs just to get the machine to work! Then you need software to design and software to for computer to talk to your cnc! Just for my small cnc I paid $100 so the computer can communicate with the cnc and then $500.00 for Corel and $499 for V-Carve Pro and then if I want the latest upgrade it is another $150.00. Now that is about the cheapest route!

So I am thrilled with the designer that comes with the machine and the free upgrades. Plus being able to buy other software like the STL and DFX anf the centerline that works with any font! ( other cnc programs are limited to some fonts) . Yes some have purchased it at $299.00 and now it is $199.00. I don't know about anyone else, but I have bought something at one price only to find it on sale the following week!

All I know under warranty or not the Rock and DC units have allowed me to use my CW without never needing to send it for repair! I hope the same will go for the new chuck. We just need to focus on works for us best and continue to share with each other. Plus thank LHR for their work too and software.

PS sorry for the long post and the if anybody could come with a new board sensor that would be great!

Ike
    Last edited by Ike; 05-04-2010 at 04:20 PM.

Thanks Ron for the clarifications. I cant imagine anyone saying that your stance in not fair or reasonable.

Doug Fletcher

Thanks, Ron - I appreciate it.
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

Default CarveWright Warranty

The CarveWright Warranty is just as it has been.

The question I believe you all have is....

Is the CarveTight considered a consumable item or not? The answer is NO.

All of the legal jargon is in the warranty and you can read it: http://www.carvewright.com/cms/warranty-info

You will not find the CarveTight listed as a consumable because, frankly, there isn't much you could possibly do to damage this new spindle.

Clarification of any 3rd party modification is in there too, forgive me for generalizing and starting a free for all last night before I left work. Anyone that knows me, knows it was a warning out of courtesy and not a scare tactic.

We can appreciate your defense of Ron and his Rock Chuck. The users of this forum are admirably quick to come to each others defense, just as you have many times defended the CarveWright and CompuCarve to nay-sayers.

The Rock Chuck is a fine product and I do not believe LHR has directly given any indication otherwise. It is difficult to compare the differences without someone taking offense to those statements.

The CarveTight is the only LHR authorized after market product. That does not mean the Rock or any other is not good, it is just not LHR's.

We will continue to promote and market the CarveTight as the best! We happen to think it is! The consumer, as always, has the final say so.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345