Thread: Bob Marley

Default Bob Marley

I tried to a photo import of him,I carved it though it carved really well I wasn't happy.
    So back to square one, I found a post on dingbat fonts, so I did a quick google and found a marley dingbat font set for free even.So I did a test carve,This will be going to Florida with the Tiki bar sign. By the way I found this wood a Loews 10" x 48" for 5$ called whiteboard
    never heard of it, It looks like pine to me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bob-Marley.jpg  
    " The Hurdier I Go, The Behinder I Get"

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by James RS View Post
    I tried to a photo import of him,I carved it though it carved really well I wasn't happy.
    So back to square one, I found a post on dingbat fonts, so I did a quick google and found a marley dingbat font set for free even.So I did a test carve,This will be going to Florida with the Tiki bar sign. By the way I found this wood a Loews 10" x 48" for 5$ called whiteboard
    never heard of it, It looks like pine to me
    I have seen white board at Lowes how did it carve? I have been wanting to try it.

The way I understand it is White Pine, but not too sure on that. I am new to the CW and picked up about $20 bucks worth. Well without going into it all I have already sold a sign carved on it for $60. So I would say its not too bad. Although with fine lettering the wood does not have tight enough grain so the smaller letters will "tear" away sometimes, but they are great boards in my book to learn on.

It must be the carp of the wood world. Out here, they catch carp, ship it east, and when it gets there, its changed into 'whitefish'. Don't know how that carves either....
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by CSPURGEON View Post
    The way I understand it is White Pine, but not too sure on that. I am new to the CW and picked up about $20 bucks worth. Well without going into it all I have already sold a sign carved on it for $60. So I would say its not too bad. Although with fine lettering the wood does not have tight enough grain so the smaller letters will "tear" away sometimes, but they are great boards in my book to learn on.
    I think that is exactly what it is, and for this test project that carved ok the price was right. In your case very profitable
    " The Hurdier I Go, The Behinder I Get"

Attached is a photo of one of my first pieces with the CW also with using the White Pine and as you can see in the intricate parts it has "torn" away at portions of the lettering. Again I am not experienced with all types of wood but many family members that do a lot of woodworking seem to think performance would enhance with better wood.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails POP'S TRAIN CLOSE UP.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by CSPURGEON View Post
    Attached is a photo of one of my first pieces with the CW also with using the White Pine and as you can see in the intricate parts it has "torn" away at portions of the lettering. Again I am not experienced with all types of wood but many family members that do a lot of woodworking seem to think performance would enhance with better wood.
    It you use some Draft, (small or medium) - You will get less tear out.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Default Depth

Quote Originally Posted by bjbethke View Post
    It you use some Draft, (small or medium) - You will get less tear out.
    Less depth may also help. Remember that the deeper the TEXT (with the Raster or V-bit) the more narrow the tops of letters will be.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

use some Draft, (small or medium)
    Less depth may also help. Remember that the deeper the TEXT (with the Raster or V-bit) the more narrow the tops of letters will be.
    Great, I will try both!