Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new CarveTight spindel queston?

Default new CarveTight spindel queston?

What happens with the 1/16 cutting bit? It is solid carbide, so will I have to replace that also? I purchased one when they first arrived, but have never had the chance to use it.
    Clint

Default Sleeve

Quote Originally Posted by cestout View Post
    What happens with the 1/16 cutting bit? It is solid carbide, so will I have to replace that also? I purchased one when they first arrived, but have never had the chance to use it.
    Clint
    Hi Neil (AskBud),

I spoke with CarveWright a few days ago specifically about the 1/16th Cutting Bit. They are working on sourcing an adapter so that it can be used with the CarveTight, but don't have a firm release date yet. I know they are very anxious, and so am I! I have plans for future projects using that bit and I to upgrade my other machine to the CarveTight too. In the meantime, I'm keeping the QC on that one machine, while I'm waiting!
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Default Correction!

This is the official word from LHR:

The 1/16" Cutting Bit is a carbide bit, but it already has a hard pressed sleeve on it that makes it into a 1/4" shank. It requires the split collet, but not the stop sleeve.

Michael - you may have received some wrong information a couple of days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    This is the official word from LHR:
    The 1/16" Cutting Bit is a carbide bit, but it already has a hard pressed sleeve on it that makes it into a 1/4" shank. It requires the split collet, but not the stop sleeve.
    Michael - you may have received some wrong information a couple of days ago.
    Hi Lynnfrwd,

Yep - I was updated by Joe L. and was glad to hear that the 1/16" Cutting Bits are now ready for prime time with the CarveTight!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

These 1/16" bits, are they flat on the bottom or a ball like our carving bits? How many flutes on these? Just wondering....

CJ

Quote Originally Posted by CarverJerry View Post
    These 1/16" bits, are they flat on the bottom or a ball like our carving bits? How many flutes on these? Just wondering....

CJ
    Hi Jerry, They are flat bottom tools meant for cut outs. I think they are 2 flutes, but I am going off of memory, so dont quote me on that.

Happy Carving,

Ron
    To order the "Made in USA" Rock Chuck, and other custom tools and accessories I make for your CarveWright, see my website by clicking here -> http://www.cw-parts.com
    See a quick video of the new Rock Chuck in action here!
    Read up on QC Removal for stubborn chucks here
    See the Rock install video here
    You can also visit here for discussion content.
    Email me by clicking here

Thanks Ron, I'm thinking of ordering another 1/4" sleeve from you so I don't have to keep regauging every time I change tools. It's easy since I took the tube the bit came in and cut it to length and that is what I use to set the length of my tools. Do you have a sleeve for this 1/16" end mill? One that would go from 1/2 spindle down to this 1/16? Is this an 1/8" shank on the 1/16"?

CJ

greetings
    How much quiter is this new bit truely? Been given much information that has a lot to be desired by LHR, How about an answer from the users please before spending more money. Glad Carve Wright came up with some sort of design for this, was designing something simular to start turning on the lath.

Carved the round shell box as demo for the wife, was impressed and gave the allocation to purchase all needed with this new set up. Bean counters shhhhhhhhhhh! Need less to say she was impressed. Have three art shows for this summer that we plan on attending, she will deal with the people.

She purchased a new CPU (HP) with a quad something and high powered thing that realy converts the jgp's, and it makes bitmaps out of them! I finally look like I know what I'm doing?

WHERE'S THE SPELL CHECK?
    Mike Russell
    South Western Indiana
    Use E-mail Forum Cops wrote the ticket!

Fraustrations run high with this tool! Some have it easy and some not so easy. All help is appreciated? But respect each person when his day is going south, the dead line is approaching, and the @#$% has given the fatal error!

Quote Originally Posted by CarverJerry View Post
    Thanks Ron, I'm thinking of ordering another 1/4" sleeve from you so I don't have to keep regauging every time I change tools. It's easy since I took the tube the bit came in and cut it to length and that is what I use to set the length of my tools. Do you have a sleeve for this 1/16" end mill? One that would go from 1/2 spindle down to this 1/16? Is this an 1/8" shank on the 1/16"?

CJ
    Hi Jerry,
    I have 1/2 to 3/8, 1/2 to 1/4, and 1/2 to 1/8 Rock Sleeves, all in stock. I think that the shank on the 1/16 cutout bit from LHR has a 1/4" sleeve pressed on it that is permanent, making it a 1/4 shank tool. I do have some 1/16 cutout bits in stock, depending on the length of cut you would like. Mine have 1/8" shanks.

Hope this helps!

Ron
    To order the "Made in USA" Rock Chuck, and other custom tools and accessories I make for your CarveWright, see my website by clicking here -> http://www.cw-parts.com

Quote Originally Posted by mr1234 View Post
    greetings
    How much quiter is this new bit truely? Been given much information that has a lot to be desired by LHR, How about an answer from the users please before spending more money. Glad Carve Wright came up with some sort of design for this, was designing something simular to start turning on the lath.

Carved the round shell box as demo for the wife, was impressed and gave the allocation to purchase all needed with this new set up. Bean counters shhhhhhhhhhh! Need less to say she was impressed. Have three art shows for this summer that we plan on attending, she will deal with the people.

She purchased a new CPU (HP) with a quad something and high powered thing that realy converts the jgp's, and it makes bitmaps out of them! I finally look like I know what I'm doing?

WHERE'S THE SPELL CHECK?
    Hi Mike,
    It sounds like you have been using your machine for a while, but are pretty new to the forum... Welcome aboard!

I think what you are asking is how much quieter the spindle is rather than the bit... I am unsure about the CT spindle, but the Rock Chuck system is significantly quieter, and because of the reduced runout, you will see a noticeable difference in the finish quality. If you search for "Rock" you will find a ton of information describing the satisfaction people have had with the Rock Chuck system. You can check out information by clicking on the links below in my signature.

Happy Carving!

Ron

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast