Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Easy 3D patterns from sihlouettes

Has anyone tried to match these steps to Photoshop? I'm curious what the equivalent of "additive" would be within Photoshop?
    John

Thanks. Was able to d/l it from that site with no trouble.
    Richard

If things improve with age, then I am
    approaching MAGNIFICENT!!

Using v.1.170

jemanuel Guest

Default Tutorial to Creating patterns

I have tried to find the tutorial with both links provided it is unavailable.
    If any of you have downloaded it could you send me the pdf file or post a new link.

Thank You

John L. Emanuel

email
    emanuel.counseling@gmail.com

Dick I love your pen boxes, do you still by any chance have the .PDF instructions? If so, would you be able to email those to me at Donald@theroseshome.com or at least email me the link, would really appreciate it! thanks!

Hi Dick,

The link is not bringing up a web site. Also in a later post there is another link and that say the file is not there also. Is it possible to post a new link for the doc as I'd like to read it?

Cheers

I'm sorry, I thought you were looking for pen box instructions. The pattern-making tutorial was picked up as a Tips and Tricks, then moved by LHR. You can find it here: http://www.carvewright.com/assets/ti...t-Nov_2010.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
    I'm sorry, I thought you were looking for pen box instructions. The pattern-making tutorial was picked up as a Tips and Tricks, then moved by LHR. You can find it here: http://www.carvewright.com/assets/ti...t-Nov_2010.pdf
    Ok got it thanks. I think I have the original "Tips & tricks" printed in my folder somewhere... I'll have to check.

Cheers

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
    Like many, I have struggled with learning how to create good patterns. Directly importing pictures often produces disappointing results. I’ve explored a few 3D CAD and modeling programs, but the learning curve is steep and it takes some skill to master.

I’ve had modest success using 2D drawing programs to make gray scale drawings, which the Designer and machine convert to z-axis height. Through trial and error, I stumbled across a technique using a free drawing program, paint.net, which resulted in a very nice pattern for one of my latest projects. You don’t need a lot of artistic talent to do this – believe me!

Attached are a logo and the resulting carve after making the pattern with this technique.

I’ve outlined this technique in a tutorial and put it in a pdf document. It’s too big to attach here, but you can find it at http://www.customwooddash.com/docs. I hope you find it helpful, and would appreciate any feedback.

Dick
    DickB, is this tutorial still available? Thank you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast