Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wheat & Weave Bread Box - Project of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by CarverJerry View Post
    Nice job PCW, looks great, love the wood grain & finish. My next thing is joining the carvers club......

CJ
    Thank You and the project of the month is the best investment I have made in a long time. It is nice not having to lay out you program in designer. For me that is sometimes the hardest thing to do.

All you need to do is load the mpc on the memory card and you are on your way.

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    EDIT: I forgot to ask about the chess/checker boards in the background - I assume you made those too?! Nice work! (One of these days I want to design a chess set.)
    Yes I have 4 of tops done this week. I'm making them for some of the younger members of my family. I still have to do the the bases. They will have a small drawer to store chess pieces. They are made out of mahogany and maple. I want to incorporate some carving in the mahogany bases but not sure what yet.

Here is a good tutorial if any one is intested in making one. They are very easy to make.

Picture below is just out of the drum sander (80 grit so there is still dust in the grain. Board is 17" square.

Wonderful! Thank you for the link - I think I'm getting the "itch" to build some chessboards!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123