Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Carve-Tight chuck released...

Well then.... go and find an impartial 3rd party. I doubt you find one. What is your problem with this? Do you doubt that an OEM engineer can produce a good product? I think you are stepping on thin ice here until you can prove without a doubt that this product does not have merit.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbfletcher View Post
    Fair enuf... ok.. now i have just finished reading MT April tips and tricks. What I dont understand is he continues talking about better tolerances, less runout, etc... but these ARE MEASURABLE things.... that is what i want to see... give us a chart of number that show that this new chuck system is indeed better than anything out there. With out that... it is just opinion. And to be fair.. this should be done by a third party so it can be impartial and objective.

Doug Fletcher
    Last edited by pkunk; 04-23-2010 at 09:44 PM.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Fair enuf... ok.. now i have just finished reading MT April tips and tricks. What I dont understand is he continues talking about better tolerances, less runout, etc... but these ARE MEASURABLE things.... that is what i want to see... give us a chart of number that show that this new chuck system is indeed better than anything out there. With out that... it is just opinion. And to be fair.. this should be done by a third party so it can be impartial and objective.

Doug Fletcher
    I agree Doug. We didn't publish numbers at this point because of that reason. We would love a third party to do just that. We have tested all the systems extensively, but publishing our results and conclusions would be just that "partial". We know what the results will be, and would love a third party to do the tests. The one piece design is key. It is the most solid solution possible.

Quote Originally Posted by pkunk View Post
    Well then.... go and find an impartial 3rd party. I doubt you find one. What is your problem with this? Do you doubt that an OEM engineer can produce a good product? I think you are stepping on thin ice here until you can prove without a doubt that this product has merit.
    Really? And to this think all this time I so wrongly assumed organizations such as Consumer Reports where impartial. Would they be willing to test the three chucks?? I doubt it because i don't think there is enough consumer appeal to make i worth there while... but it is very naive to think there aren't places that do this exact type of testing. And if I was in LHR shoes why wouldn't I want to publish independent testing showing the in-house designed chuck is really superior. I'm not saying the new chuck isn't the best thing on the market... I'm just saying that MT comments are measurable. Why just make a comment when you can back it up with HARD repeatable scientific measurement.

I'm not saying anything negative about the new chuck or LHR... just asking for a little more than "its better cuz I say it better".

I cant say I understand why your taking offense as Im just asking for some proof.

Doug Fletcher

Edit: I see LHR also respnded while I was typing. I'm glad they are also looking for some demonstratable ways to show the superiority. If all other things are equal... I would agree a one-peice design should be superior... but from my experience with flying rc helicopters... the main shaft is one peice.. but depending on who manufacurtures it the run out on the shaft could be anywhere from less than .0001 to as much as .0015.
    Last edited by dbfletcher; 04-23-2010 at 09:53 PM.

Default I should also say...

I should also say that LHR has never looked at the other chucks out there as a problem. We love that customers have chosen to create these solutions to help themselves and others enjoy their machine experience more. We applaud it and are encouraged by it. Bravo to all for their efforts.

LG is funny...

Just looking at it and how similar it looks to "unapproved" third party accessories, it looks like it would work VERY well... just like the "unapproved" one!

Given that it is one piece and most likely turned on an industrial cnc lathe, I can bet that the accuracy and runout are very good.

Good work LHR, doesn't hurt to follow a good lead. The QC could be a neat concept at maybe 5-10k rpm, but this is definitely the right piece for this machine.
    ROCKin' with my Dust Collector - Get the mpc here
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...ve-it-yourself

Thumbs up Sounds good all around.

Fair enuf... ok.. now i have just finished reading MT April tips and tricks. What I don't understand is he continues talking about better tolerances, less runout, etc... but these ARE MEASURABLE things.... that is what i want to see... give us a chart of number that show that this new chuck system is indeed better than anything out there. With out that... it is just opinion. And to be fair.. this should be done by a third party so it can be impartial and objective.

Doug Fletcher
    I would say that the tolerances will be right on the money.. I like the solid shaft in the spindel idea and the price of the spindle seems fair to me.

I also like how the STL software has been reduced, I think a lot of Cad Cam guys will use it now.

LG
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 04-23-2010 at 09:59 PM.

Joe,

That says alot about a company. You guys Rock!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jlovchik View Post
    I should also say that LHR has never looked at the other chucks out there as a problem. We love that customers have chosen to create these solutions to help themselves and others enjoy their machine experience more. We applaud it and are encouraged by it. Bravo to all for their efforts.

Doug, It is your attitude. As far as having LHR find a 3rd party that would be stacking the cards, wouldn't it? As to Consumer Reports,
    1. they wouldn't
    2. if they did, I couldn't believe them as their reports have steered me wrong almost every time I've heeded them in the past 40 years.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

I cant say I understand why your taking offense as just asking for some proof.

Doug Fletcher
    Not sure why you thought I took offense Doug. Quite the opposite. I was agreeing with and encouraging your thoughts. I am not being defensive. I would like to see the tests done, and am looking for someone to do them. Maybe my confidence in the results were what made you think I was offended. I assure you that is not the case.

Default Collet

See this link on the collet.
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showpos...00&postcount=7
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29