Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: New Carve-Tight chuck released...

Default CarveTight

Quote Originally Posted by dmede View Post
    The Rock Chuck as I understand it was a user designed solution to a weak design point in the CW, is that right? It replaces an unbalanced OEM part which has been blamed for some of the wear issues with the unit?

If that's true than the CarveTight (CT) is the OEM fix for the same problems... but it's not being marketed as a fix rather an "upgrade". Or is it also going become standard on all new CWs?
    Since the QC was a non-warranty item, it may be a moot point.
    You will notice that there is now an ad that markets LHR's "reconditioned" units with the new CT assembly included.

My bet is that all new units will soon include the CT as well (with a slight cost increase). The ad, I saw, stated that they were currently out of new units.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Quote Originally Posted by c6craig View Post
    As I understand it the QuickChuck that is standard on the machines will continue to be. This is being marketed as an upgrade. Technically, I have never seen LHR say in any form that the OEM QC leads to any other issues. Many have had problems with it, many have not. MT for example had quite a few hours before upgrading with no issues with his QC.

I think if LHR offered the Carve-Tight as a fix and issued a recall, they would be out of business with that kind of expense...

Just my 2 cents..

Craig
    Not a recall, an upgrade. Think of a car... in any given model year (or between years of the same model) there may be many small changes made to the design, not as recalls but basic improvements. CW has done this already I think with many of the truck elements (wire protection, wire loom attachments and sensor upgrades? maybe a few other "fixes").

Quote Originally Posted by AskBud View Post
    Since the QC was a non-warranty item, it may be a moot point.
    You will notice that there is now an ad that markets LHR's "reconditioned" units with the new CT assembly included.

My bet is that all new units will soon include the CT as well (with a slight cost increase). The ad, I saw, stated that they were currently out of new units.
    AskBud
    That would make sense to me. Is there a way to match the unit you have with particular changes in the design? If I decide to buy used I'd like to be able to compare one used unit against another an know what I'm getting in terms of what changes LHR has made between them.

Quote Originally Posted by chebytrk View Post
    Hey Steve,
    Where can I purchase this Dyna Glide? Is it a spray and how often do you use it on your bits?
    www.magnate.net has it for $12.95.

Excellent product!

I heard about it when I bought my Legacy 900/CNC. Keep you router bits clean and sharp! Makes for better and easier cleanup after carvings.

Steve
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac

5. Default

That would make sense to me. Is there a way to match the unit you have with particular changes in the design? If I decide to buy used I'd like to be able to compare one used unit against another an know what I'm getting in terms of what changes LHR has made between them.
    My guess is if you order a reconditioned unit from LHR it should have all the updates, any other unit in the pipe line will be as is depending on how long the unit has been out there.
    "Blessed are the cracked, for they shall let in the light."
    ~Groucho Marx~

Quote Originally Posted by twiceretired View Post
    My guess is if you order a reconditioned unit from LHR it should have all the updates, any other unit in the pipe line will be as is depending on how long the unit has been out there.
    Right, so my question is when buying used from a private party, is there way to connect LHR model changes to the unit I'm looking at (through a model number, model year or serial number)?

Another way to put it is, does anybody here have a running list by model number or production date of any little tweaks and changes LHR has made to improve the units over the years?

does anybody here have a running list by model number or production date of any little tweaks and changes LHR has made to improve the units over the years?
    LHR can help - they know what "generation" the machine is by the serial number, and IF it was ever sent in for repair, what was done.
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112