Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: New Carve-Tight chuck released...

Thanks for the thanks Bill, but it wasn't me.

Sorry 'bout that -- I should have said "Thanks Billions" for his response to my question on decibels.

Bill

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by shotgun 6 View Post
    It would be interesting to know where the noise origniantes -- bit, chuck, spindle, flex drive, motor, exhaust?
    Bill
    I could be wrong cause I'm not an engineer, but I believe most of the noise, at least the noise that is being eliminated, is harmonics set up by vibration of the bit and chuck. Even with the original QC you could see a difference between a machine with a true running QC (much less noise) and one with a bad QC. I think folks that are changing a fairly good QC for some other type of chuck may not see that much noise reduction. Of course this is just based on my experience with my machine and one or two others.

Good point Terry. I've also noticed that my carving bit makes more noise than the cutting bit. I don't recall this being the case when I had the QC installed. I have been using the Rock since the first of the year and it is noticably quieter -- "quiet" being relative. It would be interesting to know if CW has ever looked at this aspect of the machine.

Bill

This Carvetight thing is a conspiracy.

I got the email and read the tips, but as I have not had problems in over 100 hours carve time, I decided not to convert. So what happens tonight? I get a "trajectory assertion error" (found no help on that) and my bit is stuck. Get it unstuck, and find I cannot reload any bit. Then I notice that my carving bit's adapter is trashed, along with, I assume, my QC. So now I must update or replace. Guess I will update.

How did they do that to my QC?
    Last edited by DickB; 04-25-2010 at 08:30 PM.

6. Default what are the odds

Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
    This Carvetight thing is a conspiracy.

I got the email and read the tips, but as I have not had problems in over 200 hours carve time, I decided not to convert. So what happens tonight? I get a "trajectory assertion error" (found no help on that) and my bit is stuck. get it unstuck, and find I cannot reload any bit. Then I notice that my carving bit's adapter is trashed, along with, I assume, my QC. So now I must update or replace. Guess I will update.

How did they do that to my QC?
    Kinda funny, I had the same stuck issue with my QC using Ron's cutting bit and adapter. It was working outstandingly then i couldn't get the bit out after the last carve. Wasn't even a long carve, only 20 min. This happened last night and any other bit i put in the qc gets stuck too. Bit adapters are getting chewed up with bb marks. I just ordered a 1/2" rock about an hr ago with the 1/4 and 1/8" sleeves. I'm not gonna bother with LHR's new chuck, i'll stick with Ron.

Thanks
    MH

Another irony is that I never checked the bit install using a mirror on the red marks, but started doing that just today after having read the Carvetight tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead781 View Post
    Kinda funny, I had the same stuck issue with my QC using Ron's cutting bit and adapter. It was working outstandingly then i couldn't get the bit out after the last carve. Wasn't even a long carve, only 20 min. This happened last night and any other bit i put in the qc gets stuck too. Bit adapters are getting chewed up with bb marks. I just ordered a 1/2" rock about an hr ago with the 1/4 and 1/8" sleeves. I'm not gonna bother with LHR's new chuck, i'll stick with Ron.

Thanks
    MH
    So MH, since you are sticking with Ron, where will you buy your carving/cutting bits when you can't get the ones without the pressed on sleeve from LHR anymore?
    --
    John

Quote Originally Posted by klingler View Post
    So MH, since you are sticking with Ron, where will you buy your carving/cutting bits when you can't get the ones without the pressed on sleeve from LHR anymore?
    I'm not MH.. but my guess is probably from Ron.... I already am a fan of the cutting and carving bits Ron supplies.

Doug Fletcher

Default sleeves

Quote Originally Posted by klingler View Post
    I think if you look at the PDF & Specs, again, you will see that the CarveTight is a 1/2" opening and that the Collets and Sleeves enlarge the profile to 1/2" as well. Since he has the 1/2" Rock, he is all set.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast