Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Carve-Tight chuck released...

Default New Carve-Tight chuck released...

Well just got the email for the new Carve-Tight Chuck. Dang it sure looks familiar........
    Custom Built Quilt Hangers and Quilt Racks.

rock chuck $109

Default new chuck

well I have made up my mind to go with the rock chuck. I just put a new ztruck on my machine 2 months ago. that part does not bother me , what does bother me is I have 3 new cutting bits and 3 new carving bits that I would not be able to use with the new chuck. So I guess rock here I come!!!

Default Can not down load dxf manual

Tried to download manual and look at software but can not get to either

And we all know the rock chuck's are nearly perfectly balanced. I guess we will have to wat for MT to chime in and explain all the "benifits" over LHR or aftermarket chucks out there.

I's sticking with the rock unless there is some REAL benifit to this new chuck. I'd love to see a third party do a static and dynamic balance test on thest two chucks to see who the real winner is.

Doug Fletcher
    Last edited by dbfletcher; 04-23-2010 at 08:56 PM.

Looks more like a Eliminator chuck to me. Needless to say looks like they got it right.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eliminator.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	5.6 KB 
ID:	33181

The $425 upgrade package doesnt seem like a bad deal however.. as long as the techs do a good job. I have no recent experience with their techs thought so I can only say went I sent my machine in way back in 2007, I was very dissappointed with the service. I would assume things have improved greatly over the years however.

Doug Fletcher

I might suggest that you all go to the CW website and review the new chuck, download the April 2010 Tips & tricks and read what MichaelT has to say about it as a tester. I know he's never steered me wrong.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Quote Originally Posted by pkunk View Post
    I might suggest that you all go to the CW website and review the new chuck, download the April 2010 Tips & tricks and read what MichaelT has to say about it as a tester. I know he's never steered me wrong.
    Before we get to the CarveTight, I’ll take
    the liberty of saying a few words about the
    existing Quick Chuck (the QC). The QC is
    a good system when used properly, and is
    a convenient method of bit mounting
    which will continue to be supported. The
    key is its proper use, meaning that the user
    must verify that the bit is secure in the
    adapter and that the assembly is fully
    seated in the QC
    Never?

Some interesting information about using sleeves and solid carbide in the "Tips and tricks" saying that carbide shanks and steel sleeves will tend to slip or work loose but the steel to steel shank ones not as much.

LG
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 04-23-2010 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pkunk View Post
    Fair enuf... ok.. now i have just finished reading MT April tips and tricks. What I dont understand is he continues talking about better tolerances, less runout, etc... but these ARE MEASURABLE things.... that is what i want to see... give us a chart of number that show that this new chuck system is indeed better than anything out there. With out that... it is just opinion. And to be fair.. this should be done by a third party so it can be impartial and objective.

Doug Fletcher
    Last edited by dbfletcher; 04-23-2010 at 09:24 PM.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast