Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: New Carve-Tight chuck released...

Quote Originally Posted by PCW View Post
    Michael,

OK if you say so. That is what I though when my Quick Chuck decided one day to use me as a dart board.
    Wow! Wonder how on earth that happened?! Hadn't heard of that before. I know my own QC's behave(d) just fine (no shrapnel!)
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Michael,

I'm not the first. Broken bits from what I believe software programing speed rates issue. I do use all hardwood not pine.

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    Wow! Wonder how on earth that happened?! Hadn't heard of that before. I know my own QC's behave just fine (no shrapnel!)

Is the new Carve-Tight chuck going to become standard equipment on the new CarveWright machines?

In my opinion this new chuck is going to greatly reduce the amount of problems that are posted here. As a long time user of several machines I've always felt that the QC was the weak link that slowly destoyed the machine as it began to wear out causing excess vibration and heat build up.

Kudos to LHR for developing the new chuck.

Quote Originally Posted by PCW View Post
    Michael,

I'm not the first. Broken bits from what I believe software programing speed rates issue. I do use all hardwood not pine.
    Yes, broken bits, I've heard of. I think you'll be pleased with the new speed/feed rates in the latest software. They labored over this for quite some time to help make the machine more reliable for cutting/carving hardwoods/softwoods/approved plastics, even 3/4" plywood (!) and so on. I didn't mention it in the article, but the CarveTight does enable a user to be more 'aggressive' without fear when performing cutouts. One of the tests was a 5-foot tall dxf/puzzle dinosaur cut from 8-foot long sections of plywood (they told me the outfeed support setup was the biggest hassle). Not saying I would try that myself necessarily, but it is doable!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

Thumbs up

Sounds great and I know how hard it must be finding a sweet spot balancing the speed as well as the travel rate to meet everyone's needs.

I have seen alot of improvement in the short time (1 1/2 years) that I've own my Carvewright and look forward to what the future holds.

It is a unique machine and has unique obstacles and I feel that LHR is a leader in the market that it is intended for.

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    I think you'll be pleased with the new speed/feed rates in the latest software. They labored over this for quite some time to help make the machine more reliable for cutting/carving hardwoods/softwoods/approved plastics, even 3/4" plywood (!) and so on.!
    Last edited by PCW; 04-24-2010 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Router-Jim View Post
    Is the new Carve-Tight chuck going to become standard equipment on the new CarveWright machines?

In my opinion this new chuck is going to greatly reduce the amount of problems that are posted here. As a long time user of several machines I've always felt that the QC was the weak link that slowly destoyed the machine as it began to wear out causing excess vibration and heat build up.

Kudos to LHR for developing the new chuck.
    Hi Jim,

Personally, I hope they seriously consider going to the CarveTight as standard equipment. Not because I am unhappy with the QC myself, but it has been a drain of time and resources on everyone (including me...writing articles, answering questions on the phone, the forum, PM's, etc.) due to issues a lot of folks seem to have with that setup. The CarveTight virtually eliminates chuck/spindle issues and requires no maintenance, no fiddling with bit orientation in the chuck, no bit slips - in short, it's fool-proof.

I think it is a great idea to shift to the CarveTight for good! (I vote they do it!)
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

Default CarveTight

Just ordered mine. I thought it was a good price for the Z truck and the adopters.
    Lee
    Pop's Fix It Shop, We won't make it any worse.. Using "A" machines 1.187 1.188 ,2.007, 3.103
    2 Machines no waiting.

Default Wow

I wish some of you guys would quit bickering like old ladies on our forum. I'm tired of weeding through the tripe to get to the facts! Take it to the PM if you must.

Default Outstaning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To LHR staff and Michael Tyler:

Michael,
    Fantastic job on the Tips and Tricks of the Month on the new CarveTight.

LHR,
    To Chris, Joe, and all others who number too many to list, and all that have played a part in the developement.

Fantastic job on presentation of news letter page. From what I have seen in the early developement stages to this release of the CarveTight, it has been well worth the wait.

As for myself, I am making an appointment to get the New CarveTight installed.

Happy Carving,
    Robert
    rcdages

Quote Originally Posted by rcdages View Post
    To LHR staff and Michael Tyler:

Michael,
    Fantastic job on the Tips and Tricks of the Month on the new CarveTight.

LHR,
    To Chris, Joe, and all others who number too many to list, and all that have played a part in the developement.

Fantastic job on presentation of news letter page. From what I have seen in the early developement stages to this release of the CarveTight, it has been well worth the wait.

As for myself, I am making an appointment to get the New CarveTight installed.

Happy Carving,
    Robert
    rcdages
    Thank you very much, Robert. I know you are just as excited as I am! I don't remember for sure, but I think you actually saw one in person before I did. It's a 'killer' to have kept this to ourselves for so long, eh? I must admit that I felt like a school boy on Christmas morning when I was notified that the official announcement had taken place! I let out a loud "YES!" when I got the word. Ok - enough gushing...back to my reserved manner.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast