Thread: U.S. Army Medical Corps, regimental insignia

Default U.S. Army Medical Corps, regimental insignia

Hi all,
    My mom is a nurse in the army stationed at west point. I went to visit her a while ago and noticed everyone there has boring sticky letters you buy at Wal-Mart on the front of the house saying their rank and last name so I decided to carve her a nice big sign to make everyone else jealous. I managed to find the seal of the army at 2000 X 2000 pixels. I however cannot find the regimental insignia or the coat of arms of the U.S. Army Medical Corps at much more than 200 X 200 without paying for it. I was just wondering before I go buy it, if any of you out there might have it and be willing to share it.

This is what I got so far...
    Attached Files Attached Files

I looked a bit more and found one at 600X600 pixels but for the size I am enlarging it too the writing isn't very clean..
    Last edited by Paul51480; 04-23-2010 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul51480 View Post
    I looked a bit more and found one at 600X600 pixels but for the size I am enlarging it too the writing isn't very clean..
    I have one but it is not very clean.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ArmyMed_RegIns cw.jpg  
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Thnx for the help BJB, your pic was a bit cleaner than mine. I outlined mine and took away the pic and did it as a vector and it saved 3 hrs of carve time and cleaned it up a lot. I still might buy the one I found at 1500X1500 pixels just so it can be that much cleaner.. here is what i got so far..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sign.jpg  
    Last edited by Paul51480; 04-23-2010 at 01:37 PM.

And why not contact the military for HI-Res pictures? If they refuse (I doubt) I would notify the President and ask.. Why and for what you need it for,,,

I went ahead and bought the pic I needed and I took out the edge rout I did as it doubled the carve time.. I still might go and run the edge rout on a table I will have to see how I feel when I get it all cut out.. This is what I am gonna start carving tomorrow.

(EDIT) I just looked close at that pic and noticed the GH in fighting had the wrong bit set too them. I went and fixed it . That would not have been good...**
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sign1.jpg   cptbailey.jpg  
    Last edited by Paul51480; 04-29-2010 at 05:24 PM.

I think that will look good. Please post your carving when you get it finished. Thanks in advance and keep up the great work.

CJ

Quote Originally Posted by mcgraw1011 View Post
    I'm an artist and my favorite subject are different types of coat of arms. I find it very interesting and cool because this coat of arms represents different group that protects us. I'd be glad if you can show me more coat of arms here.
    I make a DVD with over 500 patterns of the Department of Defense converted to use with the CarveWright equipment; the files include the MPC, PTN, MPW and the images I used to make them. PM me your e-mail and I will send you some samples.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DOD 3.jpg   DOD.jpg   DOD 2.jpg  
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.