Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanks John Paluck

Default Thanks John Paluck

at www.carvemore.com for the pattern. I have done several small projects, but this project is one I think is worth sharing with my friends. My wife did the painting and of course I did the finishing. This was presented to a special friend this evening as a gift. I wish I could have done better on the photography to really show off my wife's labors.

Deolman

Wow nice looking...nice to see the pattern carved and finshed so well
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

Very very nice..

My Company Site My Company Blog My Church Blog My Church Website My Patterns

Great Looking Project!

You and Your Wife did a find Job
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

That really came out great. Nice paint job as well. I'm sure your friend will love it.

Thanks for the link. I have saved to favorites..
    I need to look at your information on using ZBRUSH. I have ZBrush but frankly... I'm lost trying to use it. I 'think' that I know what many of the controls are for BUT I am NOT an artist so using them never seems to do what I think, I thought, would be the outcome.

My grandaughter can use zbrush well and I ask her to show me how to do things. She just gets frustrated with my lack of artistic skills. She is a sweet woman BUT way too excitable. She just makes me laugh by her frustration at my zbrush skills. I bought her ZBRUSH to play with at Art School.

By the way.. Great prices for you patterns. I'll have to look around and see if I need anything you have.

I 'took' your free Greenman pattern. It will be PERFECT for the side panels of a Treasure Chest I am now working on for my oldest daughter. I have some 'birdseye' maple that should be perfect for texture on the carvings. Birdseye tends to chip out in various places but still hold much of the detail. I think it will turn out very pretty...

Thanks a 'bunch' for the free pattern.

And tell your wife from me... Great paint job! As a old wood and metal scale model maker, I can paint detailed work, but I do not like the 'painting'. I only enjoy the 'making'.... Painting takes much skill to make all the colors match and requires a steady hand AND alot of patience. I have patience while cutting metal or wood but for some reason I loose it while holding a paint brush. I have no idea why I do that? I do NOT think painting is a menial chore.
    Last edited by will george; 04-17-2010 at 10:17 AM.

Default John

Wow, that pop's out. Very nice. Capt Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Deolman View Post
    at www.carvemore.com for the pattern. I have done several small projects, but this project is one I think is worth sharing with my friends. My wife did the painting and of course I did the finishing. This was presented to a special friend this evening as a gift. I wish I could have done better on the photography to really show off my wife's labors.

Deolman,

Fantastic job for both of you! Painting looks great and I like the added plaque.

I have carved several of John's fly fishing plaques and each has been recieved with great joy. Patterns are well worth the price..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Deolman, that is a super nice project! Excellent job on the painting and finishing (great, in fact!). That bent fishing pole motif that John created is just so cool!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Thanks to all for the great encouragement. I am headed into this forum with my third year starting now and to be honest with you, there is a little bit of effort from each and every one of you on this forum in a project like this. It really is a community effort, one way or another.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast