Thread: Please load pieces board ?

1. Default Please load pieces board ?

I was trying to load the wood through CarveWright machine. The LCD Display showed " Please load pieces board" What is it mean ? I did cleaned all the machine. Still not load or run.

Can you help me ? Please !

Thanks, Dave

Quote Originally Posted by pahwoodunlimited View Post
    I was trying to load the wood through CarveWright machine. The LCD Display showed " Please load pieces board" What is it mean ? I did cleaned all the machine. Still not load or run.

Thanks, Dave
    The machine is looking for the compression roller switches to close when you crank the head down onto the board. If you have the head cranked down and you still get this message then you probably have some saw dust in the switches and they will not show "closed".

The switches are located at the end of the rollers on the key board side of the machine. Raise the head up, work the rollers up and down and blow some air into/on the ends of the rollers where the switches are. This usually will do the trick to clean it out.

You can go into the user options menu and do a sensor check to find out what switch is sticking..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by pahwoodunlimited View Post

Thanks, Dave
    Hello Dave,

That is usually an indication that one of the pressure roller switches is 'stuck' or the head itself cannot crank down enough to depress the roller switches properly.

Dirty roller switch (sawdust) can be fixed by blowing compressed air at the switch area (the end of the roller nearest the keypad side) while squeezing the pressure roller up and down. Eventually the dust comes out and the switch is cleared.

Head pressure problems can be caused by one or more of the four posts out of alignment, poor lubrication on the posts (I only use Dry Lube spray on them - not Lithium grease - that's too 'gummy'), or the clutch gears need cleaning and /or grease. Cold environments (lower than 55 degrees) cause head pressure problems too.

Check out a few of those basic troubleshooting suggestions and let us know how you make out. Also, you can download Service Documentation from the CarveWright website if you need details on fixing Head Pressure issues.

EDIT: FW beat me by 7 minutes! (I'm a slower typist, I guess)
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    EDIT: FW beat me by 7 minutes! (I'm a slower typist, I guess)
    I probably had a head start !
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Remember when you crank the head up all the way it can just click when trying to lower it. There is a hole in the right side jacking screw to turn and prime the threads. It's in the manual.

You could have a un level head.... New Machine possibly dropped in shippment...

Measure the head to belt both sides... OR with a board in the machine, use a bit and touch the board with the head by hand and read the Z Data Numbers by using sensor data. Options, scroll down, sensor data, Z Data 0000

Be sure to read the Tips and Tricks for lots of GREAT info.

Good Luck,

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Head pressure problems can be caused by one or more of the four posts out of alignment, poor lubrication on the posts (I only use Dry Lube spray on them - not Lithium grease - that's too 'gummy'), or the clutch gears need cleaning and /or grease. Cold environments (lower than 55 degrees) cause head pressure problems too.

Check out a few of those basic troubleshooting suggestions and let us know how you make out. Also, you can download Service Documentation from the CarveWright website if you need details on fixing Head Pressure issues.

EDIT: FW beat me by 7 minutes! (I'm a slower typist, I guess)[/QUOTE]

Mike,

You just have to type more often to increase your speed. I've been able to type over 60 wpm since the 50s but I'm starting to slow just a bit.

I have one ? 4u: What's the name of the dry lube you use and where can it be bought?

TIA.

Chief

Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    Mike,

I have one ? 4u: What's the name of the dry lube you use and where can it be bought?

TIA.

Chief
    Hi Chief,

It is called "TDL" (acronym for The Dry Lube). Here's a link to a thread I posted with a photo of the can itself:

http://forum.carvewright.com/showpos...0&postcount=12
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══