Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any good "whoops" mistakes out there? Here's mine.

Dang - it is so BEAUTIFUL! Perhaps you could save it by doing something like this...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Modifed_Mushroom_Sign.jpg  
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

That's cool, MT -
    How about you put the "H" on a mushroom, it'll look like it's growing out of the sign!!!
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I have a problem of doing thing backwards... Or should I say forwards?... I make little embossing plates for leather. I keep forgetting to flip the little buggers in Designer BEFORE I carve! When you turn the plate over to emboss onto the leather.... it needs to be backwards..... Right? Did I mention I need to "INVERT" them too?.....

Nice sign though! Great colors!

Still looks great and if you eat just one you wont care those taste sooo good

Way to make that H from scratch! I decided to use it as an opportunity to redesign the sign a little...and to experiment with the carving depths a bit. I've learned more from the mistakes than anything else...so it's all good. I've hung the mistake in the workshop as a reminder....spellcheck twice, carve once.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhaffner View Post
    I thought I'd be nice and make a sign for a local festival. It's a Morel Mushroom Festival and Auction. I whipped up a design, carved it at about 72" long...and started painting. I was so happy that the mushrooms turned out great that I overlooked one little thing I'd missed all the way back in Designer. My brother was kind enough to point it out before I tried to present it to the festival coordinators. Anybody want to buy some musrooms? Apparently I was on some.

How about you? Any of you have any great "whoops" mistakes? Did you get all the way to paint like I did? Please share. It'll make my pain less as I re-do this sign.
    Ah if I had a dollar for every missed spelled word! I would be rich! I am happy to get through a fair without any mistakes! Funny you look at it and your mind tells you it is spelled correct so you go with it!

I have misspelled a word on a commercial sign before I believe it was a 2' by 4' double sided sign and yes both sides!

So I have the wife double check my signs! I know it doesn't help, but you are in good company!

Ike

Ok, so it's fixed...now I gotta repaint.
    I'm so happy I could throw a festivel...I mean festivol...oh boy...

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

You could always start with all your text in a spell-checking program, like "Microsoft Word", then copy-and-paste into the text tool in Carvewright.

Right up there with the misspelled "Quality Assurence Department" sign I saw a few weeks ago. None of the staff seemed to notice it so who was I to point it out. And my all time favorite and sometimes Avatar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wrongway.jpg  
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Quote Originally Posted by FINGERS View Post
    I made a sign for a guy who sold fruit and vegatables at the flee market and his name is moldy so I carved the sign ( MOLDY VEGATABLE'S) AND HE LOVED IT.
    THAT WAS REALLY FUNNY! Sure made my day a good one. Everybody needs a good belly laugh at least once a day!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast