Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any good "whoops" mistakes out there? Here's mine.

Default Any good "whoops" mistakes out there? Here's mine.

I thought I'd be nice and make a sign for a local festival. It's a Morel Mushroom Festival and Auction. I whipped up a design, carved it at about 72" long...and started painting. I was so happy that the mushrooms turned out great that I overlooked one little thing I'd missed all the way back in Designer. My brother was kind enough to point it out before I tried to present it to the festival coordinators. Anybody want to buy some musrooms? Apparently I was on some.

How about you? Any of you have any great "whoops" mistakes? Did you get all the way to paint like I did? Please share. It'll make my pain less as I re-do this sign.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mushroom.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Dhaffner View Post
    I thought I'd be nice and make a sign for a local festival. It's a Morel Mushroom Festival and Auction. I whipped up a design, carved it at about 72" long...and started painting. I was so happy that the mushrooms turned out great that I overlooked one little thing I'd missed all the way back in Designer. My brother was kind enough to point it out before I tried to present it to the festival coordinators. Anybody want to buy some musrooms? Apparently I was on some.

How about you? Any of you have any great "whoops" mistakes? Did you get all the way to paint like I did? Please share. It'll make my pain less as I re-do this sign.
    I'm betting most of us have done this. I did a whole bunch of halloween signs last year. I was just so proud of myself for the way they came out.... untill I showed them to a friend and they pointed out several errors in spelling I had made. (also after all the painting and finishing has been completed) Sometimes our eyes just see what we want them to see. Unfortuantely, I dont have pics because they have been sacrificed to the fire gods long ago. I hate having reminders of my stupidity laying around!

Doug Fletcher

I'm sure it doesn't make you feel any better, but that is a great looking sign. I love the painting and colors

Craig

O how I feel your pain. I did this on a sign I made for a Karate Studio. Solid oak it was and big... and one stupid letter ruined it for me (not me you understand, it was the letter that did the dirty work).

I also have failed to center things in a design and ended up with beautiful carvings that are way out of kilter...

sorry I don't have a picture...

But I will say that sign is a beauty none-the-less! Great color scheme!

My Company Site My Company Blog My Church Blog My Church Website My Patterns

5. Default

I agree with Craig. What a shame, the sign is itself is gorgeous and very professional looking. Damn little shroom devils.

6. Default Hmmm....

Apparently the word Celler has an "A" in it.

Carvewright wishlist add spell check to designer!!
    I still put things upside down on the back of the board from time to time.
    A wiseman once told me "Show me a man the never makes a mistake. And I will show you a man that doesn't do anything."
    Where is the "Any Key" key located on the keypad
    Growing old is a privilege not everyone gets to enjoy.

I have had way more then I like to remember. Most have been missing letters or not centered .Only thing that kind of saves me is I make pens. Most of my goofups get sliced and diced into pen blanks,unless they dont leave enough wood even for that.
    3 Carvewrights, 1 Epilog Laser Engraver

OMG! Nice paint job anyway, you got some nuggets to post this one.
    Mike
    carvingguy.com

I made a sign for a guy who sold fruit and vegatables at the flee market and his name is moldy so I carved the sign ( MOLDY VEGATABLE'S) AND HE LOVED IT.
    Mike
    carvingguy.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast