Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New LHR Chuck on the way

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    Let's see the 4th Axis too....

Wish List Christmas 2010....

I wish I lived as close to LHR as Robert.... I would love to work there.... Only about 50 miles away.

AL
    I agree i would love to see the 4th axis or a least know they are working on it, and then lets work on the bit changer. but the 4th axis would be so much more fun, i can change bits but i don't know how to add the 4th axis.
    there will me more fun with this machine in the future. I am still looking for a good deal on another machine that I can refurbish. I agree i wish i live in TX i would work for LHR for nothing just to learn more about this machine. I love working on these machine.
    Thanks all for everybody input and making this group so much fun

2. Default

Does anyone remember my humble contribution in pointing out the source of vibration in the QC? Can't wait to see what the new LHR chuck will be like.
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=10879
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...?t=7905&page=2
    I sure do, your post saved my bacon. By balancing my QC I was able to continue carving. I would have bought Ron’s Chuck, but retirement doesn’t afford many luxuries, and the economy just reduces it further, and our Government “Draw your own conclusions”.
    Pratyeka, a big Thank You! For the information on the QC and all you patterns, and contributions’ .

Quote Originally Posted by Pratyeka View Post
    does anyone remember my humble contribution in pointing out the source of vibration in the QC? Can't wait to see what the new LHR chuck will be like.
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=10879
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...?t=7905&page=2
    Pratyeka,

I also remember your posts. reading your posts is what first promted me to seriously look at the Rock. I was getting so fed up with my machine. I am so thankful for getting the rock and continuing carving.

Doug Fletcher

PS. You were building your on cnc machine right? How did that turn out or are you still working on it.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dbfletcher View Post
    Pratyeka,

PS. You were building your on cnc machine right? How did that turn out or are you still working on it.
    Everything related to wood carving is presently on hold until I get interested again. For now I got plenty else to do. I still work on patterns sometime but they are very intricate and time consuming.

You can check my blog for progress on my CNC.
    The store is closed also because of some bug. I don't think I'll re-open it soon, not worth the sweat.
    May you be well, may you find happiness! : - )
    "Exaggerated self-importance is deemed an individual fault, but a racial virtue." From Kelly Millar

Default New chuck

CarveTight (CT) Spindle Assembly now available for the older machines (A and B serial numbered).
    It is standard on the "C" models.

There is a video at the bottom of this link.
    AskBud
    http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/cwcarvetight.htm
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

I have the new carve tight spindle. I am wondering why my machine is louder now than before? After the change over, i was doing a short carve and the LOML came out to see what the problem was with the machine. She complained that the machine was louder in the house than before and at a different pitch. Any suggestions?
    Mike

Mike the answer is it will be until the bearings break in, that is estimated about an hour. I have a new Rev. C and about 30 40 hours and mine is still loud! Well louder then I am used to, but it still carves fine!

Ike
    Last edited by Ike; 10-14-2010 at 01:31 PM.

It carved nice, but was loud and at a different pitch. Just got off the phone with LHR and will need to check the bearings to see if they are tight. they were before i started the carve, but since then, dont know.
    Thanks.
    Mike

Wow I called when I first used my CW and they told me it needed to be broke in. Plus I noticed it ran really hot, so now I may need to send it in to check the bearings? I wish I had the money for shipping! I need to replace the gear belt behind my "Rock" on my other CW when I heated up the QC I melted the belt! It is finally not working well!

Oh well I will send it in when I can, thanks Mike for the info. Like I said my CT carves well, but I noticed it vibrates a lot. Plus how do you check the bearings or do they mean the back rollers on the truck?

Ike

Default noise volumn

Quote Originally Posted by wasacop75 View Post
    I have the new carve tight spindle. I am wondering why my machine is louder now than before? After the change over, i was doing a short carve and the LOML came out to see what the problem was with the machine. She complained that the machine was louder in the house than before and at a different pitch. Any suggestions?
    I'm not sure why the unit would now be louder, mine are both much more quite.

1) If it a higher pitch, I would first see that I have the muffler in place as it muffles that sound.
    2) Is the machine mounted/bolted to the same stand as before? Are the rubber feet between the machine and the stand (they also absorb noise/vibration). Have you altered your stand or re-arranged your loose tools within the stand?
    3) If you hear a chatter, check the Flex connection.

Let us know how you make out.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234