Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New LHR Chuck on the way

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    Yes indeed, Alex!

A teeny bit more patience folks... a lot of time, effort and testing went into developing this - they wanted it to be demonstrably better than anything else out there, and I believe they have succeeded. High-quality, great design and a pleasure to use!
    Will it be manufactured in the good "ol" USA ???...Because we all know that as soon a great idea gets sent across the big pond to be manufactured the Quality Control becomes irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by rjustice View Post
    Doug,
    All of the kind words expressed by you, Al, PCW, LG and many many others means a lot to me. I honestly went into this mainly trying to help our carving community. All of the nice comments in the forums, the emails, and the PM's, has demonstrated the success of the Rock Chuck system. I have sold many, many chucks at this point and have had only one return that i can think of. It was mainly due to not cleaning the old locktite off of the shaft of the existing tools, and the bore just felt too tight. The customer couldn't get the bit back out of the chuck without restling with it. I took his tool out, cleaned the bit shank, and it slid in perfectly. I did replace the chuck with a brand new one however, as it was scuffed up from usage. I wrote a little note stating the need to clean off the old loctite residue to the customer and shipped it back. I recieved a nice thank you and a very nice testimonial afterwards... I have replaced a couple of the Rock Sleeves also due to being a little too tight (which it ended up that they were by .0002), but thats it. After almost a year with 99.9% positive comments (from those that actually bought and use the Rock Chuck), I think that it speaks for itself. A little over a year ago, it seemed as though almost every other post was something about a problem with the QC, and/or something caused by the QC (AL has posted several times what kind of damage all of the vibration from the QC does) ... Well, you rarely here anything like that anymore, and when you do, it is normally posted by someone new to our carving community. This normally results in someone recommending to switch to the Rock and "end the madness".. Although I read those posts, I have tried to allow someone else to share their experience with the Rock instead of using the CW forum as a platform to sell. I hope that everyone recognizes this, and haven't taken it as though I ignore the post, or that I lack confidence in my products, because that is the furthest thing from the truth... Anyway, sorry for the long post, but thank you to everyone that has supported the Rock Chuck System. I sincerely appreciate the business that you have sent to me, and I hope that it continues...

Best regards and Happy Carving,

Ron
    Thanks Ron!

LG

Well said Ron, I enjoy your chuck very much.

I am also quite happy that the folks at LHR have heard their customers' voices and are adjusting their product to better suit us. This speaks well of their goal of meeting or exceeding expectations with their machine. I wish them luck and look forward to seeing the fruits of their labors.

Lawrence

[quote=Sshanks;126066]
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    No comment by LHR is probably because 20 hours ago when this post got started, we (LHR) were enjoying Easter with our friends and family.QUOTE]

Fair enough point.. I work in an industry where Holidays do not mean a day off.. Sometimes I forget that people with regular jobs have holidays and weekends off… Sorry to jump the gun..
    Even AL who took Sunday off....

Here are the kind of Lock Rings I use... You can search and find them cheaper in larger quantities.

http://www.routerbits.com/cgi-router...852205_2547+86

Good Luck,

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Thanks RON !!!!

Keep up the GREAT WORK !!!!

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Thumbs up Good for LHR

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    Yes indeed, Alex!

A teeny bit more patience folks... a lot of time, effort and testing went into developing this - they wanted it to be demonstrably better than anything else out there, and I believe they have succeeded. High-quality, great design and a pleasure to use!
    This is what I have been waiting for since I heard and saw it in the devleoping stage.

I am just one of those people who believe in having my Truck as well as my CW, to have the parts that are develpoted for the machine by the company that developed it.

Nothing against the Rock Chuck what so ever or anyone that has one.

This is just my opinion how I feel.
    Robert
    rcdages

Default To be fair..

I think having a large aftermarket selection is a good sign of a strong product. That can help make me make the decision on a car or a tool knowing
    that a gambit of products including software tools support the investment.

Knowing LHR the new chuck will be a good product like Ron's and we will have more choices to hot rod this little CNC, now lets see the tool changer..

LG
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 04-05-2010 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidguitars View Post
    I think having a large aftermarket selection is a good sigh of a strong product. That can help make me make the decision on a car or a tool knowing
    that a gambit of products including software tools support the investment.

Knowing LHR the new chuck will be a good product like Ron's and we will have more choices to hot rod this little CNC, now lets see the tool changer..

LG
    Let's see the 4th Axis too....

Wish List Christmas 2010....

I wish I lived as close to LHR as Robert.... I would love to work there.... Only about 50 miles away.

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 04-05-2010 at 10:25 PM.

9. Default

Doug,
    All of the kind words expressed by you, Al, PCW, LG and many many others means a lot to me. I honestly went into this mainly trying to help our carving community. All of the nice comments in the forums, the emails, and the PM's, has demonstrated the success of the Rock Chuck system. I have sold many, many chucks at this point and have had only one return that i can think of. It was mainly due to not cleaning the old locktite off of the shaft of the existing tools, and the bore just felt too tight. The customer couldn't get the bit back out of the chuck without restling with it. I took his tool out, cleaned the bit shank, and it slid in perfectly. I did replace the chuck with a brand new one however, as it was scuffed up from usage. I wrote a little note stating the need to clean off the old loctite residue to the customer and shipped it back. I recieved a nice thank you and a very nice testimonial afterwards... I have replaced a couple of the Rock Sleeves also due to being a little too tight (which it ended up that they were by .0002), but thats it. After almost a year with 99.9% positive comments (from those that actually bought and use the Rock Chuck), I think that it speaks for itself. A little over a year ago, it seemed as though almost every other post was something about a problem with the QC, and/or something caused by the QC (AL has posted several times what kind of damage all of the vibration from the QC does) ... Well, you rarely here anything like that anymore, and when you do, it is normally posted by someone new to our carving community. This normally results in someone recommending to switch to the Rock and "end the madness".. Although I read those posts, I have tried to allow someone else to share their experience with the Rock instead of using the CW forum as a platform to sell. I hope that everyone recognizes this, and haven't taken it as though I ignore the post, or that I lack confidence in my products, because that is the furthest thing from the truth... Anyway, sorry for the long post, but thank you to everyone that has supported the Rock Chuck System. I sincerely appreciate the business that you have sent to me, and I hope that it continues...

Best regards and Happy Carving,

Ron
    does anyone remember my humble contribution in pointing out the source of vibration in the QC? Can't wait to see what the new LHR chuck will be like.
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=10879
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...?t=7905&page=2
    May you be well, may you find happiness! : - )
    "Exaggerated self-importance is deemed an individual fault, but a racial virtue." From Kelly Millar

Doug,
    All of the kind words expressed by you, Al, PCW, LG and many many others means a lot to me. Ron
    Thanks Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    I wish I lived as close to LHR as Robert.... I would love to work there.... Only about 50 miles away.

AL
    It would be worth living near LHR just to be able to get a good look at all the new development's prior to the company's official release.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast