Thread: Name Desk Sign

Default Name Desk Sign

I've attached a photo and Designer file for the Name Desk sign I made, using existing Library design and used an "old English" type font (Lincoln.ttf from Corel collection). I used 3/4 in. red oak and the design allows the sign to stand stabke only on the bottom of each end design very nicely.

Bob Hill
    Tampa Florida
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails desk_sign_347.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

very cool noce job, looks great

Thanks Matty

Thanks Matty,
    I think the more examples available here, the better for all of us.

Bob

Very Nice Bob, I really like the lettering. I am going to have to look for a font like that.

Thanks, Aaron,
    The Lincoln.ttf font is available is a variety of places and has been a long time part of the Corel collection (many versions of CorelDraw) as well. I tend to use that one when I wish the "old" English type of font. Let me know if you can't find it, but Google should give you a list of places, if you don't have access to CorelDraw.

Bob

Default Re: Name Desk Sign

Quote Originally Posted by BobHill
    I've attached a photo and Designer file for the Name Desk sign I made, using existing Library design and used an "old English" type font (Lincoln.ttf from Corel collection). I used 3/4 in. red oak and the design allows the sign to stand stabke only on the bottom of each end design very nicely.

Bob Hill
    Is there any way you could list what you did in the software step-by-step on this one? I'm new and having trouble with the software. I downloaded your file, but I'm not sure how to do my own from scratch yet.

Sorry fo the trouble, but looking forward to playing around with this.
    Shaddy

Sure, Shaddy,

I made a PDF file with instructions. See if this helps. I'm sure I forgot to include some things about the software, but I believe you should be able to duplicate this from the PDF file. If you need to get a new PDF Reader (it's free) just go to http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html and download it.

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Bob Hill
    Tampa Florida
    Attached Files Attached Files

An interesting "Bug" or design flaw in Designer I've found, in that if I do an edit of text, such as using the Desk Name Sign file, but editing the name, the Carving list uses the original text name even after the new file is saved to another MPC file name. Is anyone else finding this to be the case when they edit text on their projects? The new text does, however, carve with the new and not the old lettering, so it's only involving the Carve List name to the Text.
    Bob