Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Z Axis 313 message

Default Z Axis 313 message

Problem need some help with a Z Axis stall 313 message and stoppage. Any tips on what the problem is. Thanks
    Last edited by reshetti; 03-31-2010 at 09:51 PM.

Default Data

Quote Originally Posted by reshetti View Post
    Problem need some help with a Z Axis stall 313 message and stoppage. Any tips on what the problem is. Thanks
    We need lots more data!
    1) What version of Designer are you using?
    2) Post your MPC.
    3) Tell us what the machine is doing, when the stall occurs (measuring, cutting, etc).
    4) Tell us where the bit is, on the board, when it stalls.
    5) If you can, take a pic of the board, and post it, so we may see where it stalled (while cutting, if it was cutting).
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Smile

I've had two situations that generated this error. First, the encoder was dirty. I took the back cover off the z motor and gently blew out the dust. Second, the carving bit came loose in the adapter and dropped down causing the stall. Reseating and locking the bit back into position solved that problem.

Good luck. Please post when you find your solution.
    Jerry

Joanne and me enjoying a beautiful fall in Spearfish Canyon in the Black Hills.

Default Z axis error 313 Message and stoppage.

I tried all posted suggestion encluding the same ones from Carvewright support center. Still not working. The machine goes through the process and when the Z axis gets to the right side of the machine forthe bit to touch hone slide, stall occurs. All this started when I updated the software to the new version. Maybe the problem. Any other suggestion before I send the machine back?

I tried all posted suggestion encluding the same ones from Carvewright support center. Still not working. The machine goes through the process and when the Z axis gets to the right side of the machine forthe bit to touch hone slide, stall occurs. All this started when I updated the software to the new version. Maybe the problem. Any other suggestion before I send the machine back?
    Hello,

z-stall occurring at right side when touching bit plate?...don't know if this will help, but...

Assuming nothing is interfering with the truck going all the way over to flip the touch plate out, a possibility is the Y-belt is a little slack.Try tightening the Y-belt (loosen the bracket screw with a #2 'shorty' Philips screwdriver, then push the bracket over to take any slack out, then re-tighten the bracket in place). Also, give the touch plate hinge a good cleaning and lube.

I hope it's a simple fix for you. Please let us know how you make out.

Other things to check, z-truck bearings, z-belt tension, make sure bit is properly seated. I'm curious...are you using a Rock chuck by any chance?

EDIT: I found a post that described the same error you are experiencing. He says a new power supply solved the problem for him...http://forum.carvewright.com/showpos...4&postcount=11

...and here's the entire thread from the beginning...http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...ight=error+313
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 04-02-2010 at 02:26 PM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Just North of the South Side, Western Edge of the Eastern Slope, Denver.

Hey Mtyler,

Thanks about a gazillion for that post, sloppy belt action was bringing me down. You are my hero for the day.

Thanks, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Kix View Post
    Hey Mtyler,

Thanks about a gazillion for that post, sloppy belt action was bringing me down. You are my hero for the day.

Thanks, Phil
    Hi Phil,

Glad that helped! (I guess I got lucky on that one)
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Just a follow up to the first user.... If the Z Head is getting all the way to the Bit Flag and it IS extending all the way BUT the bit stops short of touching the Bit Plate, this will give you a AIR CARVE.

IF the bit plate did not extend enough and the bit goes down and misses the bit plate it will give you a "PLEASE LOAD BIT" message....

SO back to going down to a extended plate and NOT touching it.....

While the Bit is going down ready to SMASH into the metal of the bit plate, the computer is monitoring the Z Motor Current. It is looking for a increase in current, then it orders the Bit to BACK UP.... Prevents DAMAGE to the bit... AND tells the computer the location of the tip of the bit.

If the Z Rails are DIRTY the SPEED BUMP of the dust acts like the bit touched the bit plate causing it to reverse.

This is especially true in the NO MAN's LAND between the 2 bearings that is hard to clean.... A RAG with Mineral Spirits pushed between the bearings and moving the head up and down will clean that area.

Dust chips in the Z Belt and COGS of the pulley's will do the same.... I air blow out my Z Belt area every bit change.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I am experiencing this error z axis stall 313. I am getting it now when it is Homing the bit, after it successfully touches the arm twice and comes back just before doing a surface check. Should the truck move up and down by hand freely? I believe it might be the bearings that finally gave out.

Thanks to all who answered>>>>>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast