Thread: Newest sign

Default Newest sign

I have a Realtor Fest coming up in October and I wanted to make a sign to display on the table. Here is what I came up with, using the logo from my business card and carving it on the board. The sign is on cherry wood and is 20" long X 11" wide. Used a 1/16" carving bit for the logo, 90 degree slanted for the lettering and 1/2" classic for the edges. It worked out well. I painted the lettering and the logo, then used wipe on poly for overall. Simple, but fun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_2738b_674.jpg  

Thanks for shearing nice job keep the chips flying

That's a great looking sign. If you don't mind me asking, how did you get the logo in? It looks really good. I guess painting you did with an artist brush very carefully?

Thanks
    Munawar

Great looking sign Ron!
    Most folks are afraid of heights, me I fear width.

Thanks folks for the feedback. It was fun cutting the sign and working with the logo to get it right. The logo is painted with artist brushes and then wipe on poly overall. Here is a finished sign, after going to a lighter green paint for the logo outline and the tree. I think it shows the design off better. What do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_2740b_998.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Smith
    Thanks folks for the feedback. It was fun cutting the sign and working with the logo to get it right. The logo is painted with artist brushes and then wipe on poly overall. Here is a finished sign, after going to a lighter green paint for the logo outline and the tree. I think it shows the design off better. What do you think?
    Very well done! I like the green logo better, black was too....plain.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Very nice, I to like the light green once better, kind of makes it jump out.