Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JPEG to Centerline, again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kix View Post
    Thanks for the try. Actually I am going to try and make square coasters, so dont need to do a round carve region. I tried to go down that road already, it ended up involving too many steps to do a production run of units. I just want to get the jpegs swapped to a windding, (wingbat, dingbat? Now I feel like a dingbat!)

The idea is to carve the seperate logos into the corian, then hit them with the chop saw and have square units. If I can make 120 of the Pradera's and 120 of the Jack attack's, that would give me 60 sets of coasters (4 each).

Thanks for taking a swing at it though.
    Hi Kix,

Sounds like a great project, I wish you luck! Have you worked much with corian? Are you planning on sanding any type of profile on the edges? The reason I ask is that I just started playing with corian, but the few cuts I have made have left the edges razor sharp. If you are cutting squares you may want to do something to dull the edges a bit.

Good luck,

Craig

Just North of the South Side, Western Edge of the Eastern Slope, Denver.

the few cuts I have made have left the edges razor sharp.

You table saw it down? Or do you mean off the CW?

Could be a spot in the home defense market for a coaster/shuriken. I fully expect to see it in some action movie in the near future.

Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kix View Post
    the few cuts I have made have left the edges razor sharp.

You table saw it down? Or do you mean off the CW?

Could be a spot in the home defense market for a coaster/shuriken. I fully expect to see it in some action movie in the near future.

Thanks for the heads up.
    Sorry, yes I meant after I used a tablesaw to cut it down to size. I have not used the CW to cut corian, only carve names - which I then cut out on the tablesaw into small squares. The fresh cut edges were very sharp, so I would just hate to see you making all these nice coasters for your event and someone lays open a finger or something

Craig

Default Corian is easy to cut, sand and carve...

I carve corian plaques all the time. It is easy to work with. It sands easily so you can "soften" the edges of your coasters with a simple belt sander in seconds. I hold the plaque in my hands and touch the side to the moving sand paper, then "lay it over" at about a 45 degree angle for a few seconds to round the edge slightly. Hope this helps...
    Happy Jack - Idaho
    I carve in a box...

Just North of the South Side, Western Edge of the Eastern Slope, Denver.

Corian is easy to cut, sand and carve...

Ok thanks, I might try to get some done this afternoon, darn holidays keep getting in the work of progress.

Yeah.... that's a good excuse.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12