Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What are we doing that takes 4 hours

Default Not an expert

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    The only thing you have to figure then is how much wear and tear on the machine there is in the different quality settings.
    I don't know but I would guess that the higher the quality the less wear and tear the machine will experience. Yes, the cut motor will work longer and wear the brushes sooner but my understanding is that he higher quality translates into narrower passes and less wood removed with each pass. That, I would think would be easier on the flex shaft and the spindle bearings and probably the y truck motor, etc.

Just my thoughts and worth every penny you paid for them.

Cool

Sounds Logical to me, when you think of it that way

Guess a set of Cut Motor Brushes seems cheaper to me,
    than a New "Z" Trunk or Flex-Shaft Assembly
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Quote Originally Posted by OneTimeWoodcraft View Post
    I posted this question in the gallery but there seems to be a lot more action here. I keep hearing about being 4 hours into a project, 2 hours into a project. What are we doing that takes 4 hours?

With some of the carves I've done, I don't start sweating until it's longer than 12 hours....LOL....
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

Yeah, once you start carving anything on Optimal settings the time skyrockets up. I am carving the Colonial Eagle Box Sides (POM) now and it's 7 hours on optimal. I think the top is somewhere around 4...

Craig

5. Default

i dunno, i just came in from the shop. I ran two riflestocks, double sided runs on each. 3d not just cutting blanks. Took about 45 min each but then again i'm not using a CW

Default is it possible to post a few pictures

Metalhead781,

I would like to see these rifle stocks, is it possible to post a few pictures? Thanks Bill.
    Computers-Yuk....I should junk it...It never does what it should do...only what I tell it.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead781 View Post
    i dunno, i just came in from the shop. I ran two riflestocks, double sided runs on each. 3d not just cutting blanks. Took about 45 min each but then again i'm not using a CW
    Sounds like your new toy is working out for you! I am having similar results with mine. I ran a sign last night with all centerline carving which I know runs quickly, but I cut the whole sign in under 4 minutes!
    ROCKin' with my Dust Collector - Get the mpc here
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...ve-it-yourself

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fletcher View Post
    Sounds like your new toy is working out for you! I am having similar results with mine. I ran a sign last night with all centerline carving which I know runs quickly, but I cut the whole sign in under 4 minutes!
    Can you tell us what kind of machine you are using? Maybe some pictures please. I think I'm feeling some growing pains and may want to move on to bigger and better equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryT View Post
    Can you tell us what kind of machine you are using? Maybe some pictures please. I think I'm feeling some growing pains and may want to move on to bigger and better equipment.
    I designed and built my own 4'x8'x8" cnc router table. I was feeling growing pains too. I still love my CW and would like to extend a "thank you" to LHR for my addiction! However, I want to start building some custom entry doors and even though the CW could technically do it, I wanted to be able to cut large glue-ups in one piece.

Here's a video of it in action(the machine jumps around a bit because I didn't want to cut full depth in one pass - I'm still in the "testing" phase)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTEHyE6ur1s
    ROCKin' with my Dust Collector - Get the mpc here
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...ve-it-yourself

Thumbs up

Fletcher,

Nice cnc you have there, I love the 8" Z depth as well as the 48" width.
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast