Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me make up my mind

Digitalwoodshop,

Would you like to come to Carlisle Pa some day and help me install the rock chuck. I haven't bought it yet but I might some day. I could always come to you

Quote Originally Posted by alan.galbraith View Post
    Digitalwoodshop,

Would you like to come to Carlisle Pa some day and help me install the rock chuck. I haven't bought it yet but I might some day. I could always come to you
    Thanks for the offer but I don't make house calls.... Plus I am just too busy.... Was in the shop last night until 2:30 am making artwork for a North Carolina Fire Dept Accountability Board for a presentation today....

Got a email at 9 PM asking for the artwork to go along with the $1324.00 Quote I sent on Saturday....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Default I'm beginning to get the idea

This is a lot like a machine shop. Setup is the whole thing. The way i see it you buy the machine, buy a rock chuck to go with it, make a little pre flight checklist to go through before you start the project, and pay attention to the machine during the project...might even want to make a little recommended spare parts list..like flex shaft.sandpaper belts..etc.

Default Been going back and forth....

For several months been goin back and forth,,, I buying it, i'm not buying it,, especially when I can get it on sale.. Every time Sears has em on sale or I get some good coupon code I get all the way through the process right up to the point of hitting the place order button... Currently, I can get it for $1221 and free shipping and no interest if paid within one yr.... Do I push the button or not push the button... Hmmmm !!! I want this thing so bad... but .... Hmmm .... HELP !!

Hey Onetime.
    Are you a person who can deal with the most perfect woman or the worst woman in the world? The perfect woman succombs to your every need and does exactly what you want whenever you want exactly how you want. The worst woman doesn't like you and will not even come close to making you happy. The CW is both. Sometimes the perfect lady, others the b____ I love to hate. Really, if you have any how-to to you, the CW is a great machine. I got mine reconditioned a couple of years ago, and just started to realize how to use it. I spent probably $600, to get a machine I paid $275 for, that I just made $4300 for golf course signs, and didn't look for the job. I made a sign for a guy who knew a guy who knew a guy ect.... I personally would say preventative maintainance is the key to keeping the machine working like it should, as with anything. The forum you are looking at now will make all the difference in the world because whatever happens with your machine, the guys and girls here will help you fix whatever, and rejoice after the incident. Look hard everywhere, then make your decision on HELP, because that is what everyone needs no matter whatever the circumstances. And like Golf---THESE GUYS ARE GOOD!!!!!
    Last edited by badger2424; 02-28-2011 at 07:47 AM.
    Love to Make the sawdust, But I sure Hate to clean it up.
    U can't find Success unless you have the patience to hang around long enough to find it!!!!
    Website isn't carving related but a good place to buy a auto:
    www.hcautos.com

Quote Originally Posted by ktjwilliams View Post
    .... Do I push the button or not push the button... Hmmmm !!! I want this thing so bad... but .... Hmmm .... HELP !!
    Push the button. We're all here to help you enjoy the jump and land correctly.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

I am looking to buy a machine. What is the difference in the N01 system and the CW005 version C system?

8. Default

Is yours a model C?

9. Default

Is the rock a requirement on the C model as well?

halftone the rock is not a requirement but a great addition. I've used the quick change, carvetight, and the rock chucks, and the rock is far better than the quick change and a little better than the carvetight. The rock runs a little quiter and less hot than the carvetight, other than that its a matter of $. The main thing about the CW is to get to know it inside and out, knowledge of how and why the machine works is a must or you will become very frustrated. If you have or get a machine and a problem shows its ugly face, work with it. There is a simple solution- the problem is finding it- and if you can't figure it out, WE ARE HERE.
    Last edited by badger2424; 03-18-2011 at 09:15 PM.
    Love to Make the sawdust, But I sure Hate to clean it up.
    U can't find Success unless you have the patience to hang around long enough to find it!!!!
    Website isn't carving related but a good place to buy a auto:
    www.hcautos.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast