Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting on some end table carvings

Default Mike's skills

Mike,

I've commented on your (humbling) work before but feel compelled to say how great your skills are once again.

Just curious, since you do bodywork, do you have some photos of automobile work that you would like to share?
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by DocWheeler View Post
    Mike,

I've commented on your (humbling) work before but feel compelled to say how great your skills are once again.

Just curious, since you do bodywork, do you have some photos of automobile work that you would like to share?
    Just imagine if he's got these kinds of skills for woodwork, his auto body work skills have to be OFF THE HOOK ! This is like anxiously waiting to get to the next chapter in a book..... Mike's Book! : ) A true Arteeeest ! : )
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Hello Mike,
    I cannot see the day when I will tire of your outstanding work, for some reason the pictures where only partially down loading and have not been able to see them, figured out to day if I highlight them and copy, then paste them into word that the hole picture appears, Windows 7.
    I appreciate very much the rough and detailed steps you have shared with us.
    Thank You
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by DocWheeler View Post
    Mike,

Thank you.

I had a website I set up years ago on my old ISP (around 1998 ), I can no longer change anything on it but some of the pictures still seem to be there:
    http://www.auto.vcn.com/MorPthum.HTM
    http://www.auto.vcn.com/Frame.htm My current web pages are a bit more modest: http://www.customers.collinscom.net/autobody/

http://www.customers.collinscom.net/autobody/weather/
    I've had a few interesting body jobs over the years however most of what I do these days is 95% insurance repair (deer hits & windshield replace mostly), so really nothing particularly special. Seems, at least here in Sundance there isn't to much call anymore for custom paint jobs. Since most of my work is from people's insurance I don't even see to many big jobs anymore (like roof replacements from rollovers etc..)as Wyoming is one of those states with the 80% rule (insurance companies can total a vehicle where the damage exceeds 80% of it's value).

The other thing is with a hobby you really don't have to worry to much about how much time you spend on something unlike paying work were there are some time constraints. (my body shop business, meeting labor hours estimates, insurance company limits etc...)

Quote Originally Posted by chebytrk View Post
    Just imagine if he's got these kinds of skills for woodwork, his auto body work skills have to be OFF THE HOOK ! This is like anxiously waiting to get to the next chapter in a book..... Mike's Book! : ) A true Arteeeest ! : )
    I'll post some more when I make more progress.
    Thanks to everyone for replying with such positive feedback, keeps me even more interested in working on this.
    ~Mike
    If at first you do succeed, try to hide your astonishment.
    My photos my photo hosting site went out of business, some of my photos on facebook are set for everyone to see.

Mike's Patterns

Default A little bit more......

Kind of slow going, but still plugging away at it:

Thanks for looking.

~Mike
    If at first you do succeed, try to hide your astonishment.
    My photos my photo hosting site went out of business, some of my photos on facebook are set for everyone to see.

Mike's Patterns

Default humbling...

Unreal... Talent like that is special to see. I also love the fact that you embrace technology as a tool for a very pure, raw, art. I mean in the sense of photos, scans, etc. I know your work is done by hand and that is exactly what is "humbling". Beautiful work...
    Last edited by Fletcher; 04-08-2010 at 07:54 PM.
    ROCKin' with my Dust Collector - Get the mpc here
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...ve-it-yourself

Smile

Reminds me of west world really life like. Great work.
    http://william.bowen.com/:)
    ("There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
    - Herbert Spencer )

I am speechless, wonderful, awesome project.

Tim Eric

Great Progression to watch!
    It just keeps getting Better and Better
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Quote Originally Posted by autobodyman View Post
    Kind of slow going, but still plugging away at it:Thanks for looking.

~Mike
    Hi Mike,

I'm having trouble looking forward to getting up in the mornings, since I haven't been able to view any new postings of your 'cowboys on the fence' project lately!

How's it coming along?
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast