Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Design software

1. Thumbs down Design software

Hi all, is there an easy way to use the drawing software to forgive the phrase drag and drop or stretch and manipulate a design that is less complicated to use than the CW software. i am having a problem drawing a line throught the top surface of a peice of wood, ie to make a low level pyramid 6"x6"x 3/4".. hope you can offer some advice .. Thank you

Default Pyramid

Quote Originally Posted by troydraper View Post
    Hi all, is there an easy way to use the drawing software to forgive the phrase drag and drop or stretch and manipulate a design that is less complicated to use than the CW software. i am having a problem drawing a line throught the top surface of a peice of wood, ie to make a low level pyramid 6"x6"x 3/4".. hope you can offer some advice .. Thank you
    See if this Pyramid works.
    I designed it on an 8" board and the depth is .740.
    AskBud
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pyramid.JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Default of all the design (cad) programs

out there designer is the easiest to master. get bud to explain how he did that and it might help ya. i found that reading the help file from top to bottom helped me greatly with designer. just click help inside of designer. it may not be up to datye but it will have most of what you need.
    my patterns are at www.upillar.com do a search for "ptn"

email for patterns: patternmaster@live.com

Cool, Bud!

Lg

Troy,

Currently, there is no way that I can think of to make a "flat-sided" pyramid shape in Designer. Bud gave an excellent example of a "curved-sided" pyramid (made using Designer's surface dome tools on four triangles, I assume, but Bud can fill you in on that). The "curved look" is nice, but I thought you might want a flat-sided version as another option.

If you are ever so inclined to purchase an excellent relief modeling program ($1995), there is a software product called Aspire that is easy to learn and makes creating simple shapes like this for your CarveWright almost effortless. Draw a square, open the shape editor, set angle and desired height, choose add, and it makes the 3D pyramid for you.

I quickly made a 6"x6" pyramid pattern at your specified height of 3/4" of an inch for you. You did not specify a particular angle, so I just made it 30°
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Aspire_screenshot_of_shallow_pyramid.gif   Designer_screenshot_of_shallow_pyramid.gif  
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Nice job MT!

Lg

7. Default Pyramid

Thank you for your reply that sofware look good ? i have had a look a the vectric website and see that they have a demo, so i will take a look later..

I had a look at the file you sent me it look great , thanks but when i try to open it after saving the file it comes in to the import image box and then asks again to resave it, you enter a nake and click save but the the file will not open up for some reason ?? any idea

Troy,

I would not get Aspire " 2 1/2 d " but look at one of the many advanced 3D programs like Lightwave or Modo takes about 2 sec to build and it will be fully 3D giving you options you would never get using a 2.5 d program. All of the 3D software available will quickly generate a grayscale map . However LHR's STL importer is much faster and will let you slice and scale..

Lightwave modeler:

LG
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 03-07-2010 at 01:44 PM.

Default Pyramid

Ok,
    I've used this "Pyramid" question as a basis for a new lesson, and insight on what I have requested on the "Wish List".
    The lesson is Pyramids & Surfaces, and may be accessed by using the "Download" section below.
    AskBud
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pyramid.JPG  
    Last edited by AskBud; 03-07-2010 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Lesson link added
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Thank you for your reply that sofware look good ? i have had a look a the vectric website and see that they have a demo, so i will take a look later..

I had a look at the file you sent me it look great , thanks but when i try to open it after saving the file it comes in to the import image box and then asks again to resave it, you enter a nake and click save but the the file will not open up for some reason ?? any idea
    Hi Troy,

Open your Pattern List, right-click on the Favorites directory (or any sub-directory in Favorites), select "Import", and import the pattern directly. (It is already a PTN file, so you should not be seeing anything to do with importing an image at all.) Let me know how you make out. Should go right into your Favorites pattern directory, no prob.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast