Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BUG....Pattern Editor crashes when saving scan

Default BUG....Pattern Editor crashes when saving scan

Well I just found another possilbe bug.

I just loaded up a new scan and when I go to save it before doing and changes, PE crashes.

Operating with XP pro..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Default some more bugs??

Also I am having problems with the blurr tool not working. If my recall is correct when you select the blurr tool you would have the option to change the brush setting. The selection does not even highlight..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Try using the 'Tool Pressure' instead...
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Birt View Post
    Try using the 'Tool Pressure' instead...
    I am not seeing any change by using the tool pressure. Tried everything from 0 to 100...

Has anyone else tried using PE? If so are you having the issues that I am?
    or is it working just fine for you and it is just me????
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

Default Pattern Editor

Just tried PE and it will not even launch. Designer crashes right away (using Windows 7). I am also experiencing designer crashing frequently when using copy paste and resizing.
    Be the change you want to see in the world!
    Richard
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by WRW View Post
    Just tried PE and it will not even launch. Designer crashes right away (using Windows 7). I am also experiencing designer crashing frequently when using copy paste and resizing.
    Richard,

Well it is not just me!! Thanks for posting!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

Hello
    I have not had any crashes as of yet but when I opened a file this morning and used the blurring tool the blurring was extreme, I then used the back function and used pattern blur filter it worked ok, later when I wanted to use the blur tool again it was not working at all.
    Have not done any scans, I did notice that there is not the PNG file option in “Save As” and needs to be saved in “export to image” and that worked fine, but the save as does not rename the MPW file to what I ask it to in PE it does in windows folder also the pattern saved as remains unnamed in PE unless I export it from the library in designer,
    Just what I noticed with the little I have worked with it, Running Windows 7

FW, may not have anything to do with your crashing but when I was having that problem of crashing when I went to save I found that cleaning maybe 100 or so patterns out of my favorites MPN folder in Designer, cleared that up I was running XP at the time and 1.153
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by RayTrek View Post
    Hello
    I have not had any crashes as of yet but when I opened a file this morning and used the blurring tool the blurring was extreme, I then used the back function and used pattern blur filter it worked ok, later when I wanted to use the blur tool again it was not working at all.
    Have not done any scans, I did notice that there is not the PNG file option in “Save As” and needs to be saved in “export to image” and that worked fine, but the save as does not rename the MPW file to what I ask it to in PE it does in windows folder also the pattern saved as remains unnamed in PE unless I export it from the library in designer,
    Just what I noticed with the little I have worked with it, Running Windows 7

FW, may not have anything to do with your crashing but when I was having that problem of crashing when I went to save I found that cleaning maybe 100 or so patterns out of my favorites MPN folder in Designer, cleared that up I was running XP at the time and 1.153
    Ray
    Ray,
    Thanks for the info on your problems. 1.161 was suppose to have fixed the save as issue showing as unnamed when you bring the mpw back into PE.

Not sure if it is related to my problem or not but the scan I had the problem with was done with 1.153 firmware and I updated to 1.161 before downloading the scan.

I probably do need to clean up my favorites but was not having the crash issue with 1.153..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

Default For Windows 7 users

Re: PE gui.exe crash
    I have not tried these yet but was told by Carvewright support that it should fix my PE crashes. Thought I would post them for any others making the jump.
    Hope they work.
    I'll post back after following instructions myself.

Dear Sir or Ma’am,

Though we are not listed as being compatible with Windows 7, I have done some research that may assist you with your problem. The following steps should get you up and running.

1. Remove the CarveWright Designer program from your computer.

2. Click the following link www.carvewright.com/update, choose the full version for windows, select "Save", and choose the desktop icon.

3. Right-click the icon you just downloaded and choose to "Run as Administrator". If a prompt displays requesting permission to install the application, click Permit to continue the installation. If the installation succeeds, go to Step 6.

4. If the application installation fails and no installation permission prompt displayed, right-click the installer .exe file, click the Run this program as administrator option, and re-install the application. If the installation succeeds, go to Step 7.

5. If you receive any errors related to the operating system version, application registration, or file copy, right-click the installer .exe file, click Compatibility, and then choose the Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode.

6. Start the application. If the application does not start properly or displays errors, enable the Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode for the application .exe file, and then try to install it again on the operating system.

7. If the application starts successfully, run through the full suite of tests that you would typically use to test it on a computer running Windows XP. Verify your application functionality to confirm that it performs properly. If the application passes all major functionality tests, the application works.

8. If the application does not install and start successfully you will need to contact your computer manufacturer or Microsoft.

After opening the program should you have a gui.exe crash then do one or all of the following:

1. In your CarveWright Designer Software Go to Edit > Preferences and under Memory Cache settings change the number 256.

2. In your CarveWright Designer Software Go to Edit > Preferences > 3D Graphics and under Hardware Acceleration, select ‘Off’

I hope this information has been clear and helpful. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

CarveWright/CompuCarve Support Team
    (713) 473-6572
    Richard
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Default Windows 7 gui.exe crash

Well tried instructions as supplied and still cannot open PE. Anyone else out there with Windows 7 that has upgraded experiencing the same problem. I had a few crashes in previous version but was able to work in PE. Now if I try to open it or download a scan program crashes immediately.
    Richard
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast