Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Scanning Assistance Please

Quote Originally Posted by CarverJerry View Post
    Ron, I have to agree with you 100% about the 1/16 Rad on the tool vs the probe tip nose rad. When using a tracing attachment on a lathe or VTL we always use the same configuration on the stylis as what the tool is. That is just a common rule in the machine shop for tracing.
    Can you tell me if the protective tips that are available on the CW site have the 1/16 nose radius?
    Hi Jerry,
    No tips available yet, but i think this is something i need to get on the long list of "Must Do's"... I think i have a mold at work that i could convert to this cavity arrangement somewhat quickly... I will have to look this over on Monday.
    To order the "Made in USA" Rock Chuck, and other custom tools and accessories I make for your CarveWright, see my website by clicking here -> http://www.cw-parts.com
    See a quick video of the new Rock Chuck in action here!
    Read up on QC Removal for stubborn chucks here
    See the Rock install video here
    You can also visit here for discussion content.
    Email me by clicking here

I went to order a set of tips for the probe and couldn't believe they wanted 21 dollars to ship it. That is bazar and unheard of. Ron when are you going to see about making some of these? Does any one out there want to sell one of these tips, if so drop me a message with total amount and we'll deal. I know I sound cheap but I'm on a fixed income and have to look out for my expenses..... thanks
    carverjerry

I'm probably behind the curve on this thread, but I got the glue tips shown below at Hobby Lobby for $2.00.

They work great, and at that price, you can afford to toss them often.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Noname.jpg  
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

Quote Originally Posted by cnsranch View Post
    I'm probably behind the curve on this thread, but I got the glue tips shown below at Hobby Lobby for $2.00.

So do you just place these over the existing plastic scanning tip?
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Quote Originally Posted by chebytrk View Post
    So do you just place these over the existing plastic scanning tip?
    Yep - they snug right on....
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

Hi Concept, Low Tech, workable solution at reasonable cost. "I love it when a plan comes together" as the saying goes.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Default Deeper scans

Yep - they snug right on....
    Also by using the longer tips you can scan much thicker items. Make a sled with higher rails on the rail on the keypad side you will need to notch down about 3/4 in so when the machine homes the tip wont hit the rail. Don't make it very wide though just enough for tip to make it through or it will cause the roller to release. This will allow you to scan something 2 7/8 in thick (if you make your rails 2 7/8 above bed of sled) or just the top part of something that is thicker. If you make the rails much higher the probe won't go all the way to sled bed.

Ver 1.179
    HP-Nvidia HD Video Card
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    Scanning with Carvewight Probe and Next Engine 3d Laser Scanner HD
    If you have any scanning needs let us know.Check Out Our Patterns in the depot under eromran

If you allow it to happen, you can let today erase all of yesterday or if you choose,you can let yesterday erase the rest of your life.
    Ed

Thanks guys

Default i use a spot

of hot glue to secure the glue tips on had one fall off half way though carve. when there worn out you just pull off. i have also used two glue tips to get deeper into the object.
    my patterns are at www.upillar.com do a search for "ptn"

email for patterns: patternmaster@live.com

jeanlee411 Guest

I went to order a set of tips for the probe and couldn't believe they wanted 21 dollars to ship it. That is bazar and unheard of. Ron when are you going to see about making some of these? Does any one out there want to sell one of these tips, if so drop me a message with total amount and we'll deal. I know I sound cheap but I'm on a fixed income and have to look out for my expenses..... thanks
    carverjerry

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234