Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My vacuum hookup

Thumbs up vac system

I'm glad it works. I've had the same vac parts sitting by the machines to do but haven't got to it yet. I've been using the down draft but unhappy how that turned out. Thanks for the kit in the butt, just maybe I'll get mine done.
    In Him, Mike
    msphilpott@tnet.biz

Default Dc & Cw

Well I just got this rigged on our CW. The adapter is made from plans that someone (sorry I can't remember who) uploaded to the forum. I had to make several adjustments to make it fit my machine. First we hooked up a shop vac to it but it really sucked, and not it a good way. So I went to Harbor Freight and got this portable DC unit that moves about 900 CFMs and it seems to remove about 90-95% of the dust and chips. We have some more work to do on the collector to get it sealed down to the machine a little better so we'll see what happens then. So far I'm happy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DCandCW.jpg  

Default My DC w/ static protection

I got my machine hooked up to DC now. Don't forget to use static protection.

Looks like it is all metal w/alum tube Ground the vac unit and all is good.
    Lee
    Pop's Fix It Shop, We won't make it any worse.. Using "A" machines 1.187 1.188 ,2.007, 3.103
    2 Machines no waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by jaroot View Post
    Well I just got this rigged on our CW. The adapter is made from plans that someone (sorry I can't remember who) uploaded to the forum. I had to make several adjustments to make it fit my machine. First we hooked up a shop vac to it but it really sucked, and not it a good way. So I went to Harbor Freight and got this portable DC unit that moves about 900 CFMs and it seems to remove about 90-95% of the dust and chips. We have some more work to do on the collector to get it sealed down to the machine a little better so we'll see what happens then. So far I'm happy!
    I picked up one of those HF DCs and I am about to order a DC hood from fwharris

6. Default Dust Collection

I am using one of Floyds DCs and I love it ... I have it hooked to a 650cfm Jet Dust Collector and it works great. You can set it up and walk away.

Thumbs up rockler

Hi Guys
    I have the Fred Harris setup with a Rockler wall hung dc works great. very little clean up and it's not very loud.
    JIM
    http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...T%20COLLECTORS

Floyd Harris insert here with Delta 650 cfm. See it in action at the link below.

YouTube Video

Just as what I did. I removed the rubber strips in my pickup (probably for water pickup?) However your mounting is much fancier. I see your blue painters tape. My shop vac is 8 Hp and I also need to close off the portion not over the wood being carved for the best dust collection. Keeps my machine very clean. Not perfect dust trmoval but MUCH cleaner.

Nice job....

Default Fred W Harris, Great man, miss him a lot!!

Quote Originally Posted by MCGEE2SKINNER View Post
    Hi Guys
    I have the Fred Harris setup with a Rockler wall hung dc works great. very little clean up and it's not very loud.
    JIM
    http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...T%20COLLECTORS
    Jim,
    Fred is my Dad, I accept the mistake with pride!

And thanks to Jim, Jason and Dan for the plugs!

hogiewan, I will be looking for your order, Thanks!!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast