Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Forum

Question The Forum

I have noticed that when I make a posting and go back and read it, sometimes there will be a word underlined, it's a hyperlink, I didn't put it there nor did I underline the word. Have seen this on a few other postings, does anyone know how these words are getting a link attached to them or is it something the forum site just does random?

Never seen it when I view the forum, Jerry. Is it possible some software installed on your computer that is causing it?
    If it doesn't fit force it. If it breaks then it needed replacing anyway.

Have a Craftsman Carver and Running Ver. 1.150

Posting pictures tutorial http://www.malanoski.com/downloads/posting_pictures.pdf.

3. Default

sometimes the google and or yahoo toolbars do this. It automatically underlines and links to adds or info associated with a keyword you might use regularly. When the toolbars are installed on your browser as an add on they literally inject the html into the document you're viewing. Most likely it.

Ok, well right now I'm using my desk top computer and I don't see those hyper links, so I went and looked at the exact same thing and there they are, so it must be something on the laptop. I don't use any tool bars and have the same internet explorer ( on both. XP on both except the laptop is home edition where the desktop is the pro edition....

my mistake, both computers have XP Professional, the laptop has service pack 3 and the desk top has service pack 2. (I don't do auto updates)

Default Link

For those trying to determine carverjerry's situation.
    He sent me an attachment of one such look.
    The word was (internet) and it was green and double underlined.
    It only happens on one of his PCs.

I'm now waiting to hear from Jerry, as to where the "link" sends him.
    One thing that comes to mind is something like Spell Check that kicks in, on his system, but I have to wait and see what he comes up with in his test.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Jerry

Are you using Explorer 8? If not you may want to give it a try.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...3-08cdecd8852b

Yes, I'm using ie 8, that smilely face was suppose to be an 8, must have done something strange when I tried to put that in parentheses. I did send AskBud another screen shot, so we'll see what he says..

I just went to another thread here, and there was 2 links underlined, so I clicked on both, one took me to a job search page, the other took me to a credit check. I'm starting to think I've got some kind of ad ware on my laptop.

Jerry

Kinda weird, but I've gone thru a bunch of your posts, and don't see any links - which ones did you see with the links?
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast