Thread: Sizing Text

Default Sizing Text

...Wondering if someone can help me out.
    When I have text in a design.....If I edit the text....the text remains the same width but the height is adjusted.
    I want the text to remain the same height and have the text use more space horizontally.
    Can anyone tell me how to edit my text and force the text height to stay the same?

2. Default

Once you place the text on the board you can stretch it horizontally or vertically or both together to the desired size. You can also just type in the size for either the horizontal or vertical.

As you are entering the text in designer you can set the spacing between letters, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by rickbull View Post
    ...Wondering if someone can help me out.
    When I have text in a design.....If I edit the text....the text remains the same width but the height is adjusted.
    I want the text to remain the same height and have the text use more space horizontally.
    Can anyone tell me how to edit my text and force the text height to stay the same?
    Thats one of my pet peeves too. It even gets worse when you try and rotate the text. I have yet to find a really go way to do that,.. perhaps one of the more seasoned members has a few tricks they can share.

Doug Fletcher

AskBud just did a short video on rotating an image, I'd think you should be able to do the same with the text. Here is the link to AskBud's video and maybe he or one of the other guys can help on this also.

http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/CW-...%20Control.zip

Default Text height

Rick,

My limited experience has led me to create a "measuring-stick" for these kinds of things. If you have one line of text that is the height you like, create a vertical line that is the same length as the height of a common character (usually a lower-case letter).

Even if you rotate your text, you can rotate the line so that you can eyeball other lines of text by changing the height to match the line that overlays it.

I hope that this is helpful. It would be nice to have a built-in measuring device, but this functions in a similar manner.
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Ok, I see that the link I put in my reply didn't work, so lets try this one. Sorry
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=14416