Thread: Teachers & For Sale

Thumbs down Teachers & For Sale

New traction belts. New motor. And now it looks like I will need a new sensor. I was very optimistic when I purchased mine for the classroom. But after all these problems I wouldn't reccomend this tool to my colleagues. When I spoke to a rep at a local convention all he had to say was "I'm not surprised." Not exactly confident in the product. But I'm sure there are machines out there that work just fine, mine is not one. It sits in the corner and students first ask what it and if they can try it. My continue repsones is "if I can raise the money." I'd be willing to sell mine "as is" if anyone wants a matching set.

Hi, how much carving time does it have on the "clock"?
    Located at a nice spot in Europe...
    Current machines:
    • model A, QC, firmware 1.188, sandpaper belts, "brainless"
    • model A, Carvetight, rubber belts, A907, illuminated display from soigeneris (Jeff Birt)
    • 2 x model C, Carvetight, still in box

Software: Designer 3.106, Designer 1.188, Centerline, Conforming vectors, STL importer, Scanning probe, Blender (to create depth maps )

Default Sensor

Are you talking about the board tracking sensor? I thought mine needed replaced but when I went to install the new one, I discovered that the plastic connector wasn't plugged in tightly. I think it was making part-time contact and giving me errors.

Gean