Thread: software problem?? stl problem??

lrush Guest

Default software problem?? stl problem??

I have my students create their cars in AutoDesk Inventor. There is a problem when the file is imported to the Carvewright software and the tooling path is made. 1)Sometimes the tool starts cutting through the jig. Once it gets above the height of the front tip/or nose of the car it starts cutting through the jig. 2) Sometimes the first side is carved, then only part of the second side is carved and the machine says it has finished. Not indicating any problem.

I have made sure the machine and jig are square. I think this is a problem with the software making a tooling path. Is there a better program I should be teaching my students to create the stl files. We have access to AutoDesk programs?

I have 71 students and we only got 3 cars cut. Along with cutting part of the jig.

can you post the mpc? stl?

Please send a copy of the Dragster STL file that you are trying to import into the software. Send it to sales@carvewright.com

4. Default

I too have the same problem. I am using autodesk inventor 2009 and twice the bit has cut into the jig. The last time the bit snapped off. I have only used the jig 4 times. I am a little afraid to try it again and snap off another $40 bit.

Quote Originally Posted by lrush View Post
    I have my students create their cars in AutoDesk Inventor. There is a problem when the file is imported to the Carvewright software and the tooling path is made. 1)Sometimes the tool starts cutting through the jig. Once it gets above the height of the front tip/or nose of the car it starts cutting through the jig. 2) Sometimes the first side is carved, then only part of the second side is carved and the machine says it has finished. Not indicating any problem.

I have made sure the machine and jig are square. I think this is a problem with the software making a tooling path. Is there a better program I should be teaching my students to create the stl files. We have access to AutoDesk programs?

I have 71 students and we only got 3 cars cut. Along with cutting part of the jig.