Thread: How to and why isn't it?

Default How to and why isn't it?

As indicated on the PDF attached, I made a Designer tool piece (Keel Jig for Frames). I've still not learned how to easily make (in Designer) the piece in a continuous outline, so I did it in sections and placed the sections together for the bit to cut. I've still not learned how to make sections into one section and fear this is the source of my problem (perhaps resulting size of file). But in any event I've been unable to upload the finished piece to my Flash card (no problem uploading other files). any Ideas?

Bob Hill
    Tampa
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails keel_jigs_for_frames_281.pdf  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Since I never did get the vector way to work, I completed the CorelDraw vectorized image into a JPEG and brought that into my Favorites Library (attached). The problem with using JPEGs for this is the question of keeping the dimensions exact. I haven't cut it yet, so I'll have to wait to see about it's accuracy. I've made two keel jigs for the work piece.

Bob Hill
    Tampa Florida[img][/img]

Default Don't know if this helps ya at all....

I'm not sure if this file will help you much. Been trying to perfect keeping hi-resolution jpg's for the software import, so the projects can be nice and crisp so I took a stab at it with your design using the pdf you provided.
    Oh, hek, now looky what YOU made me do!

Thanks Juno, except I put two of them on a carved region, that's what I ended up doing. I haven't cut it yet, so I'm not sure if it came out exactly to the dimensions that I designed yet, however. That's my problem in using JPEG's.

Bob

Default right dimensions

they dont keep the aspect ratio or? Kinda confused since, IF you are taking the jpg image without any extra border into the Designer, shouldn't you be able to size it to what you need once you get it in there as an object?
    Oh, hek, now looky what YOU made me do!

Unforunately not, since when you extend the outside rectangular shape it also extends the interior "teeth" area and not t scale. Raster unforunately does not good for exacting shape cutouts (yet, anyway).

Bob