Thread: Carvewright Service

Default Carvewright Service

Just had to let everyone know about this...

Just got my machine back after service for an overlubed flexshaft among other small problems. Set up to try it out on Saturday afternoon and got nowhere. "Clear board sensor" came up time and time again. Finally got around that, and found I couldn't load ANY bit with a 1/2" shaft. I tried everything I could think of, light coats of oil, twisting, jiggling, forcing, everything. I removed the operation that required that bit, and went on. Got a "Reset sliding guide plate" message repeatedly when I tried to cut off the "ears" to keep the project under the rollers. I could not clear this non-error.

It was approaching 5 PM, so knowing I'd have to wait till Monday to get anywhere, I wrote an email to Erik Knight explaining everything while it was still fresh in my mind. I was pretty disgusted, so it probably read a little nastier than it should have. Less than one hour later, the phone rang. Several of the Carvewright people had already been discussing my problems, and believed they had fixes for all!

I am now happily making sawdust. We were not sure what the story was with the large bits, but after several more tries while on the phone, I was able to insert them (Possibly an incantation from Texas while I was working on it?).

Believe everything good you hear about the service from Carvewright, it is absolutely fantastic. They'll bend over backwards to get you back on line, whether it's real problems or cockpit errors.

Neal

Another great story about the CW team, glad you got your machine back up and running.