Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My friend Tony

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PCW View Post
    Terry,

Thumb's up to you and Tony. If you haven't already pointed Tony to the forum I hope you do.
    He is just now getting to try some email, doesn't like it. He prefers the phone.

He sounds like a good person to spend some time with and I would almost bet you learned as much as he did.
    He showed me pictures (and his house is full of) projects that he did in his younger days (65-70). I was duely impressed. He is a talented woodworker and his skill far exceeds mine.

Terry
    I fell like the other guys , that would be a great story for CW. He would have to be one of the senior eldest customers they have.

How did you happen to be the demonstrator at Lowe's . Thats a job I would like to do around where I live.
    later Daniel
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

3. Default

Terry,

Thumb's up to you and Tony. If you haven't already pointed Tony to the forum I hope you do. He sounds like a good person to spend some time with and I would almost bet you learned as much as he did.
    I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea. This started out as a business deal. Tony paid me to help him and the babyback ribs keep me coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryT View Post
    I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea. This started out as a business deal. Tony paid me to help him and the babyback ribs keep me coming back.
    Regardless how it started or whether or not you got paid, it's still a great thing you did. It's awesome to see someone of that age be able to continue his love for woodworking. I hope there are guys like you around if I ever make it to that age!

Good job!

Craig

Terry,

That is how alot of good friendships start out. Some of my best friends have evolved from business relationships. The reason for or how is not important. Two Thumbs Up

6. Default

Tony called the other day. He heard about the new chuck that LHR had and ordered one. "WILL YOU INSTALL IT????

Sure, I says. Why not. So I did. Tony had a good QC to start with. So the noise deal was not much of an improvement. The Old qc didn't have that much run out to cause any harmonics. So the noise was about the same. The quality of the carve, however, Was unbelieveable! The detail was incredable! If you have to offer your first born to get it, get the new LHR carve tight chuck. I think the rock should be about the same but get one of them!!!!

LHR, think of the money you could have saved if you had listened to me 3 years ago!!!!!

P.S. You might want to think about it again???

That's a GREAT story! I love the fact that he runs it in his living room!

Nothing like helping somebody out with something that makes them happy! Good job!

BTW... Nurses are compensated for their efforts too, but their work is still noble - as are your efforts with Tony!

CHEERS!
    ROCKin' with my Dust Collector - Get the mpc here
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...ve-it-yourself

Default Helping others

Terry

Great thing you did for Tony.I am 77 years old,lost my wife to cancer four years ago and shortly after that bought my first Carvewright.Now have two of them.The machines and the people on this forum are the greatest.

old Cop

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Old Cop View Post
    Terry

Great thing you did for Tony.I am 77 years old,lost my wife to cancer four years ago and shortly after that bought my first Carvewright.Now have two of them.The machines and the people on this forum are the greatest.

old Cop
    Yep, lots of good people on here. I think some have almost as much knowledge as LHR's techs. Everyone is willing to help with a problem.

Terry, Do you really thing thay will remember that comment?
    Lee
    Pop's Fix It Shop, We won't make it any worse.. Using "A" machines 1.187 1.188 ,2.007, 3.103
    2 Machines no waiting.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast