Thread: My friend Tony

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default

I haven't had much time during the summer and fall, our main business is seasonal and is a mad house during the spring and summer, so I only called Tony once this summer. He said everything was going well. I now have some time and gave Tony a call. His number was disconnected. My heart skipped a beat or two. I did some checking and found this.

CLEMENTS, Walker E."Tony" Lt. Col. USAF Ret.(Age 92)
    Passed away September 26, 2010. He was born in Dothan, Alabama and graduated from high school and joined the military. He married Mary Hale July 4, 1939. Tony was a navigator on B-25, B-36 and B-52's and was a WWII veteran. He retired after serving 26 years for his country as a Lt.Colonel. After retirement he went on to build several homes and had a great passion for finished woodworking. He is survived by his granddaughters Cindy Berge and Stacy Noble Hodl ; two great-grandchildren and two great great-grandchildren. Preceded in death by his loving wife of 70 years Mary H. Clements and daughter Linda S. Cofer. At his request a private family gathering was held.

It's a sad day.
    Last edited by TerryT; 01-12-2011 at 03:54 PM.