Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My friend Tony

1. Default My friend Tony

When I did the demo at Lowes on the 1st of November, I met a bunch of great guys. Many of which already had a carvewright and just wanted to ask questions. Tony, however, was clearly struggling. He had never used a computer and had only purchased one so he could use his Sears Compucarve. Being a woodworker most of his adult life he had visons of projects he wanted to make but couldn't get them into designer the way they were in his head. I started to go to his house on Sunday mornings to help him learn the software. He has a way to go but the designs and engineering are all his, all I did was help him learn the software.
    Here is one of Tony's first projects. He had three colors of wood and three names to carve. He seperated each letter of each name so he could carve them in the color that he wanted, Red, black and white wood. The piece was made to top a half high wall. It looks great.
    Tony is also one of the best chefs I know when it comes to baby back ribs. I have been going to Tonys house every Sunday morning for a couple of months now and I always have a rack of fresh babybacks when I leave. Tony's wife just past away a few months ago and the Compucarve helps him pass the time by making things for his grand children. By the way, Tony is 93 years old and his Compucarve is in the living room. No one is gonna yell at him and he dosen't get cold walking to the garage.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tony1.jpg   tony2.jpg  

Terry,

Great story and thanks for sharing it with us! I am sure you took great pleasure in working with Tony to teach him the design software and creating such a nice piece of work.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Thumbs up

Terry,

I'm always so impressed by all the good folks on this forum,
    that are eager and willing to help our fellow carvers.
    A little time, a bit of information, a shared Idea, a moment or two of guidance,
    or just a few words of encouragement, can go such a long ways these days.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Wonderful story. I hope I am able to something like that if I am lucky enough to reach that age. Please cheer Tony on for us. Cheers too you also Terry for the time well spent.

Thumbs up

You're the man TerryT. My hat's off to you.
    Jerry

Joanne and me enjoying a beautiful fall in Spearfish Canyon in the Black Hills.

Great guy Terry, nothing like having a true good friend. And the job tuned out swell. Nothing like keeping yourself busy when you're all alone, thanks Carvewright.........

Good for you, Terry - make sure Tony knows that we think his work is first class.

You may want to think about getting Tony's work and story in CW's Customer Gallery. Here's the link -

http://carvewright.com/gallery/
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

Hi Terry,
    Wow, that is so cool! I have a little lump in the throat, Thank you very much for you’re giving and I am with Jerry, Hats off to you.
    Would you pass on to Tony that it is folks like him that inspire us and he will live on with his great creations.
    Good day to you ~ Ray

9. Default

Terry you are exemplary of all the people that are on this Forum. LHR should be proud that there wonderful carving machine and software brought together such a brilliant group of knowledgeable, creative and helpfully caring individuals. Tell Tony he does beautiful work, and that we look forward to seeing lots more projects. And thank you Terry for giving of your time and knowledge.

Thumbs up

Terry,

Thumb's up to you and Tony. If you haven't already pointed Tony to the forum I hope you do. He sounds like a good person to spend some time with and I would almost bet you learned as much as he did.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast