Thread: Pattern saving

Default Pattern saving

Where do you find the library for your patterns on your hard drive? I have some patterns in the library in designer, I would like to get them on my hard drive. I have some on my hard drive. I have tried to export them, but I was not the author. How would I go about finding them on my hard drive. I just wanted to back up the patterns on a disc in case something went wrong with the computer.

Dolores
    Last edited by Wilbur; 01-23-2010 at 12:23 PM.

Default pattern

you can search for PTN files and find the file
    OLD SALT

Member CarveWright Start U team

Dolores,

Your pattern library is titled "favorites.mpn". It should be in documents folder.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur View Post
    Where do you find the library for your patterns on your hard drive? I have some patterns in the library in designer, I would like to get them on my hard drive. I have some on my hard drive. I have tried to export them, but I was not the author. How would I go about finding them on my hard drive. I just wanted to back up the patterns on a disc in case something went wrong with the computer.

Dolores
    If you are talking about the favorites patterns that you see on the CW Designer file, it is the MPN folder. Go to your hard drive;
    C:\Documents and Settings\”YOUR NAME”\CarveWright

You can NOT "CLICK" to look at this folder. If you do that it will add another folder and you will have another entry in the Favorites file. Just use copy and paste to save it to a SD or CD/DVD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MPN folder.jpg  
    Last edited by bjbethke; 01-23-2010 at 12:39 PM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

BJB,

Great tip!!! DO NOT CLICK the mpn file!!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Thanks for the info!! I will try this.

Dolores

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    BJB,

Great tip!!! DO NOT CLICK the mpn file!!
    Thanks, here is a little more info on how I use the MPN files. When this file gets over 100MB it slows down my computer. I save that file to a SD Memory Card (4GB, you need a reader to do that - see image below). I have saved all my MPN files this way, except one – if you reformat your computer or replace the computer this file will be lost forever. I date them with a date number (Favorites 01232010) that is today’s date this MPN folder has 116MB on it. I also put Screen Print images to show what is in the folder. This makes it easy for me to find all my old patterns I have made or used. I have done this since I purchased my CW unit in Dec. 2007.

To use my old patterns all I need to do is place the SD Memory Card in the Reader and place it in the USB slot. Then select the MPN file, it will atomically load in my CW folder on the hard drive. When I am done with that file I just delete it. Too many Favorites images can lock up the CW Designer program. This depends on how much memory you have on your computer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SD Memory Card.jpg   MPN 1232010 Folder.jpg   MPN file 119,082kb.jpg   MPN file 119,082kb bee error message.jpg  

Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.