Thread: 16 bit?

Default 16 bit?

Are patterns scanned into version 1.153 16 bit? They look sharper. I have scanned two but have not carved them yet.
    Clint

Default i think so

but havent paid that much attention to it.

Quote Originally Posted by cestout View Post
    Are patterns scanned into version 1.153 16 bit? They look sharper. I have scanned two but have not carved them yet.
    Clint
    That was one of the goals of the 16-bit addition - to increase scan quality. Glad to hear you notice the difference.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

I take that as a yes. So I should think about rescanning some of my earlier stuff.
    Thanks
    Clint

Default 16 bit

Set new cpu up today, Fed Ex finally got here! Communicated with LHR and figurered out it was over my head so HP talked to my wife and some one else to give me this system. It has sixteen something in it and looks pretty when it comes on! I notice a considerable difference between my patterns! So i set here with quad jurbos running a wheel around and around.
    Mike Russell
    South Western Indiana
    Use E-mail Forum Cops wrote the ticket!

Fraustrations run high with this tool! Some have it easy and some not so easy. All help is appreciated? But respect each person when his day is going south, the dead line is approaching, and the @#$% has given the fatal error!

Good luck with the new puter. I also just got myself a new HP and I really love it. I'm a fan of XP, hate Vista, but Windowsw 7 is like turbocharged XP. I have a quad core with 6 gigs of ram and a terabyte hard drive. I can run so many applications at once and it never slows down, the new screen really shows designer in a good way...I'm glad we've got the at 16 bit capibilities. Just yesterday I realized when I was scanning a project that I was only getting it to scan in normal. There is actually a "Scan Quality" setting, so I took an indicator and set it up on the X, the normal moves X at a rate of .020 (twenty thousands) and the best moves the X moves at .010 (ten thousands of an inch) and that is each time the Y reverses direction. I think this scanning might be a new nitch......what else can I scan...

CJ