Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: $100 Pattern Challenge!!

Last Call - Post at 11 EST ending the contest.

Thanks,
    Craig

Default Contest Closed

** 11 PM EST - Contest Oficially Closed **

First, let me just say that I am overwhelmed by all the kind words and support given to me and my wife via posts here, PM's, and emails. This forum and the people that frequent it simply cannot be beat. I am honored to be a part of it.

I would also like to thank each and every person that either posted a pattern here or emailed me one choosing not to be a part of the challenge. If I missed anyone in PM, I apologize. I offer my heartfelt thanks, this means more to me than you can know.

Judging by the 1200 or so views of this thread, I see I at least stirred interest and hopefully the friendly competition that this was meant for. I hope everyone had fun playing with the pattern and sharpened their skills at the same time.

Most important to me...I now have a wealth of patterns to be able to make the memorial plaque for my Lucy. It may be hard for some to understand, but I will just leave it at this...we all place our own importance on the things in our life. This was very important to me.

So without further ado..........

In accordance of the contest guidelines, specifically that the submission be a picture of an actual carve, we had 2 official submissions: Dan (PCW) and Robert (Robbrigg2).

I asked my wife to judge them and "she who has the final word" has spoken. Both win.

Dan and Robert: Thank you for participating in this contest. It is admirable that you have both spent the time to not only design the pattern but carve it. Not to mention the PM questions that others do not see trying to make sure I had something that I wanted and that the pattern was true to Lucy.

I have changed the rules on the fly (or suffer the wrath of the LOML LOL) to include 2 winners and you guys are it. Please PM me and let me know what method you would prefer for delivery of your $100 prize money.

Congrats to all for a job well done, and my sincerest thanks.

Craig

Graig,

You know its funny working on the pattern a little here and there when I found the time this past week I feel as if I know Lucy in a sense.

What I would like do with my half of the wining is put it toward the Lucy Construction Memorial Fund and if you don't mind it will make me feel better about myself as a person. Thanks for the fun project.

Craig, your words here, and your actions speak volumes as to who you are. I think Napolean Hill or W Clement Stone once said "You'll get everything you want out of life if you just help enough people get what they want".

I did this to help.. nuff said.

My Company Site My Company Blog My Church Blog My Church Website My Patterns

Gents,
    It's because of people like robbrigg2 & PCW that I feel fortunate and honored to be part of this forum. Sometimes.. not always, but sometimes it's not about the money. Guys, my hat is off to both of you for showing your true colors! Reminds me of an ol' movie I think called "Pay it forward". Good nite and God Bless this CW Band of Brothers & Sisters.
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Hello,

I intentionally waited to make my submission. Now that the contest is officially over (it is 12:05AM in GA), here are some screenshots of my version of Lucy..let me know if you would like the PTN, Craig.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lucy_modeled_in_Aspire_software.jpg   Lucy_angle_view_in_Designer.jpg   Lucy_head-on_view_in_Designer.jpg   Lucy_on_cedar_in_Designer.jpg  

Last edited by mtylerfl; 01-12-2010 at 11:17 PM. Reason: added another pic
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Looking good mtylerfl!

Quote Originally Posted by www.go3d.us View Post
    Looking good mtylerfl!
    Thanks, HT! It was a pleasure to create for Craig and his family.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

Thanks again Michael, another stellar pattern. It's no wonder you are able to make us all such great POM's each month!

For the record...Robert donated his $100 prize winning to a charity of his choice. I couldn't convince Dan to take any of his money so today I made a $100 donation to the ASPCA. Both a couple of stand up guys and it was a pleasure to deal with them.

Thanks again to all.

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by c6craig View Post
    Thanks again Michael, another stellar pattern. It's no wonder you are able to make us all such great POM's each month!...
    Thank you for the kind words. I hope the pattern will be a meaningful and worthy contribution to the memory of Lucy for you and your wife.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123