Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Christmas patterns

Default Christmas patterns

Now that Christmas is over retailers are having sales on their stock. I picked up a few items at half price the other day thinking of scans for next year.
    In Him, Mike
    msphilpott@tnet.biz

Mike,

I'm presuming that you're talking about patterns. Which retailer are you referring to?

Chief

Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    Mike,

I'm presuming that you're talking about patterns. Which retailer are you referring to?

Chief
    Chief,

I think Mike was talking about objects that can be scanned to make patterns.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

FW,

I'm not too sure about that. Buy items so they can be scanned and placed in patterns would be much more expensive that just finding a photo of the item and converting that into a pattern. I think Mike was talking about patterns.......... but I could be wrong.

Chief

FW,

I'm not too sure about that. Buy items so they can be scanned and placed in patterns would be much more expensive that just finding a photo of the item and converting that into a pattern. I think Mike was talking about patterns.......... but I could be wrong.

Chief
    Chief,

I'm sure!!! Trust me!!

Using the scanning probe on 3D objects is much easier than working with photos. After doing the scan and uploading it into the pattern editor you have and instant 3D pattern. I have picked up a bunch of items at ARC, goodwill and yard sales for $.50 to $5.00 for this purpose.

Check out the link in my sig. to see some of the patterns I've done from scans.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

FW,

Chief
    Chief, that is what Mike is saying,
    "Now that Christmas is over retailers are having sales on their stock. I picked up a few items at half price the other day thinking of scans for next year."

Most stores like Walmart, Walgreen, K-mart etc. need to get rid of there Christmas junk like ceramic dishes I saw in Walmart the same maple leaf candy dish as one of the POM the maple and oak leaf candy dish. The one in Walmart is ceramic and was $2.00 regular price. So I bet it is less then a dollar now!

So other things like Nut Crackers soldiers and snowmen, santa figures etc. can be scanned and made into a pattern. Yes a long process to scan some things, but the outcome is great almost everytime!

Ike

FW,

When clicked on the 2nd link, it added an http// to the URL. It took a couple of clicks to look at the beginning. Anyhow, I went to the Pattern Depot because I couldn't get the first link to work and the Pattern Depot didn't recognize "ringneckblues"

Chief

Ike,

Now I understand the logic. I'll have to see if my wife will go and pick up some of that junk. I don't like Walmart and have only been in one once that I can recall.

Chief

FW,

When clicked on the 2nd link, it added an http// to the URL. It took a couple of clicks to look at the beginning. Anyhow, I went to the Pattern Depot because I couldn't get the first link to work and the Pattern Depot didn't recognize "ringneckblues"

Chief
    Chief,

Thanks for the heads up on the signature link!! It works now!!

On the depot page check the left side that lists all of the vendors, I am at the bottom of the list...
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

FW,

Good. I shall visit now and see the source of your thoughts.

Chief

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast